ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application mistake correction (new system)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

momozz
China

ILR application mistake correction (new system)

Post by momozz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:43 am

Dear friends from this forum

I applied for ILR in Dec and it's still processing but now I found out two mistakes that I made on the application form. Would a correction letter to UKVI to explain the situation be acceptable?? Or do I need to get a lawyer?

The errors are:
Have you previously lived in a country outside that UK including your country of birth?
I original answer is No because I somehow interpreted this question as in if I have lived in a country outside UK and my birth country. Now I reviewed the question, I think I need to put a YES in there. So I have lived outside of UK before which is my birth country.
When did you first enter the UK?
I mistaken the boarder entering stamp with the police registeration stamp, therefore the first entering date should be two days ealier than the date I put down.

Does anyone have similar experiance? Will a letter sufficient enough?

Thanks for answering

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR application mistake correction (new system)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:01 am

momozz wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:43 am

I applied for ILR in Dec and it's still processing but now I found out two mistakes that I made on the application form. Would a correction letter to UKVI to explain the situation be acceptable?? Or do I need to get a lawyer?

The errors are:
Have you previously lived in a country outside that UK including your country of birth?
I original answer is No because I somehow interpreted this question as in if I have lived in a country outside UK and my birth country. Now I reviewed the question, I think I need to put a YES in there. So I have lived outside of UK before which is my birth country.
I mistaken the boarder entering stamp with the police registeration stamp, therefore the first entering date should be two days ealier than the date I put down.

Thanks for answering
Both mistakes are not any thing to worry. However, for your own peace of mind. You can draft a short cover letter and send to UKVI for clarification. Does not harm sending a clarification anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

momozz
China

Post by momozz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:52 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:01 am
momozz wrote:

The errors are:

Thanks for answering
Both mistakes are not any thing to worry. However, for your own peace of mind. You can draft a short cover letter and send to UKVI for clarification. Does not harm sending a clarification anyways.
Thank you mate! I will follow your advise :)

asifvet
Newly Registered

Post by asifvet » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:19 am

Hi,
Just reading your post, I wanted to send my consent form to UKVI which I accidentally not submit in my ilr application. Which email address did you use to send the information? Thank you very much in advance

Lastzwa1
Newly Registered

Post by Lastzwa1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi,
I wonder if you had any response yet. I have just submitted my application, and waiting for the appointment, and noticed a very similar mistake.

phanidhar6039

Post by phanidhar6039 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:51 pm

momozz wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:52 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:01 am
momozz wrote:

The errors are:

Thanks for answering
Thank you mate! I will follow your advise :)
Thanks both of you and momozz did you send an email or a letter to UKVI as i am in similar boat?

robch
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by robch » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:06 pm

I'm in the same boat anyone know the email address to use if this happens?
I tried the number but no one could help.