ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hamed
Newly Registered

Post by hamed » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Last edited by hamed on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sammie

Re: help on spouse ILR ....

Post by Sammie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:24 am

hamed wrote:A friend of mine married 18 months ago and his wife joined him in uk . now the 2 years priod is runing out ,and she has to apply for ILR . but he has problom providing dacuments i mean address proof from each years.
the places he live all bills were included . now he does not have no letter by her name .
what he has to do ? can you advice please . if they refuse .will they send her back ?
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think this may be an option for your friend:

Has your friends’ wife passed the Life in The UK test yet? If not, she may be able to apply for an extension of the 2 years spouse visa and then use this time to gather the documents required for the ILR application. The extension she can apply for is called Further Leave to Remain (FLR).
If he states that the reason for the extension is that his wife has not yet completed the Life in the UK Test, they may issue an extension.

Like I said, I’m not sure if this is a viable option but I’m sure some more experienced/knowledgeable members of the forum can clarify.
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:40 am

.....i cannot believe that your friend has only just realised this problem!!! surely he must have been aware that proof of co-habitation is a fundemental part of the ILR.

What about bank statements? did he get round to putting these in joint names? also :- council tax, medical cards/doctors appointments, polling cards, etc...

there was plenty of time to collate this, i think your friend has been a bit disorganised perhaps and now will have a problem.

I dont think they will send his wife back just yet...you will need to get him to look into the FLR situation as i do not know the criteria for this.

Wish your pal all the best!!

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 am

Don't think FLR is a option either as the form states if you are applying for an extension of stay even though you have completed or are completing 2 years’ leave to enter or remain in the UK as a partner you must provide 20 letters and/or other documents.

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:35 pm

I think your friend has no option but to apply for FLR. If he does nothing at all, when his wife’s 2 year spouse visa expires, without an extension (or application for an extension in progress), she will be regarded as an overstayer.

Tell your friend to try and get as many documents/letters as he can (also include photos). He should then write a covering letter confirming that the marriage is still subsisting and they are both living together in the same house as Husband and Wife. Your friend and his wife should both sign this letter. He would need to complete application form FLR(M). On the application form, Section 4.1; tick the box where is states that “You need time to obtain a relevant qualification demonstrating your knowledge of the English language and life in the UK - please give details in a letter.â€
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:28 pm

[quote="Sammie"]I think your friend has no option but to apply for FLR. If he does nothing at all, when his wife’s 2 year spouse visa expires, without an extension (or application for an extension in progress), she will be regarded as an overstayer.

Tell your friend to try and get as many documents/letters as he can (also include photos). He should then write a covering letter confirming that the marriage is still subsisting and they are both living together in the same house as Husband and Wife. Your friend and his wife should both sign this letter. He would need to complete application form FLR(M). On the application form, Section 4.1; tick the box where is states that “You need time to obtain a relevant qualification demonstrating your knowledge of the English language and life in the UK - please give details in a letter.â€

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:43 pm

Why though bother to apply for FLR as if she takes the Life in the UK test she could apply for ILR? As both in theory require the same amount of supporting documentation
I don't think thats entierly true. ILR application need 20 docuemts spreading evenly for 2 years, demonstrating that they are both living as husband as wife and intended to live permanently but FLR doesn't need much docuemnts. You only need to prove that you meet financial, accomodation and ofcourse you are married to a person settled in UK.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:59 pm

eliasuk4u wrote:
Why though bother to apply for FLR as if she takes the Life in the UK test she could apply for ILR? As both in theory require the same amount of supporting documentation
I don't think thats entierly true. ILR application need 20 docuemts spreading evenly for 2 years, demonstrating that they are both living as husband as wife and intended to live permanently but FLR doesn't need much docuemnts. You only need to prove that you meet financial, accomodation and ofcourse you are married to a person settled in UK.
It is true... FLR needs 20 documents as well if you are applying for an extension of stay even though you have completed or are completing 2 years’ leave to enter or remain in the UK as a partner.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:24 pm

Form SET(M) wrote:Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 20 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the two-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.
See also Ilr Declind and Flr How Strict Are They?, not enough letters addressed to my wife.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hamed
Newly Registered

Re: help on spouse ILR ....

Post by hamed » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:30 am

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:56 am

Why has the OP mutilated the thread in this way? Not the answer required?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:13 am

Why has the OP mutilated the thread in this way? Not the answer required?
I just noticed that there is a 14 month gap between your post and the ones before it.... maybe that's why or he just doesn't like using many words to say things... :lol:

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:40 am

Wanderer wrote:Why has the OP mutilated the thread in this way? Not the answer required?
Or got it, but isn't prepared to share like the rest of us do! :roll: