ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adequate maintenance amount

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

xzaf

Adequate maintenance amount

Post by xzaf » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi,

My leave to enter spouse visa (2.5 years) is coming up for renewal in about 7 months. So I am logging this post here to prepare ourselves and to avoid any nasty surprises nearer the time. I will highlight background points in bullet points that I would need help/advise on please? :)
  • wife is a carer, and claiming care allowance at £64.60 per week
  • Wife has saving of 25K
  • We have one child born in UK
  • I am working part time and earning £162 per week
  • Living in father in-laws house for free for now, no rent charged
  • Council tax £21 per week
So the first question, do we meet the financial requirement and does the child has to be included under financial requirement even though he is a British from birth? what is the actual amount for 2019 of income support a couple with one child is based on.

Second question, How many wage slips, and bank statements do we have to show, is it 6 months or 12 months?
is this also correct, that one don't need to show 6 months worth of wage slips because of being on care allowance (and being exempt from £18,600 requirement) so 1 or 2 wage slips will suffice? (some confusion around this, please clarify).

Final third question, we have been living together from day 1, so what kind of documentation and how many do we need to send to prove we are still living together?

That's it, I hope its not too much to ask, and I thank you for your help/advise in advance!

Naq

xzaf

Re: Adequate maintenance amount

Post by xzaf » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:19 pm

any help with this guys please? :)

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:52 pm

hi
I logged this back in January and not a singe reply? have I said something wrong?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:50 am

Many members don't have knowledge or experience of this route. It is also all explained in the Appendix 1.7 document as far as I am aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:19 pm

ok thanks, can I ask slightly a different question relating to this?
  • Do I still have to fill Appendix 2 VAF4A form along with online application when I come to extend my leave to enter spouse visa?
Basically, what am asking, is it exactly same as applying the first time, but obviously we will need to provide proof of living together as an additional evidence compared to the first application?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:05 pm

• Do I still have to fill Appendix 2 VAF4A form along with online application when I come to extend my leave to enter spouse visa?
No. The form you complete for an extension contains the information on financial requirement. Appendix 2 and VAF4A is for applications outside the UK.
No, that link is only for applications outside the UK as it clearly states. You must use the online FLR(M) form : https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flrm
Basically, what am asking, is it exactly same as applying the first time, but obviously we will need to provide proof of living together as an additional evidence compared to the first application?

Similar procedure.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:06 pm

thank you CR001.

that a great help, so to clarify I only need to fill in form FLR(M) and no other forms? would you know if there is a tutorial on how to fill in this form? :|

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:37 am

xzaf wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:06 pm
thank you CR001.

that a great help, so to clarify I only need to fill in form FLR(M) and no other forms? would you know if there is a tutorial on how to fill in this form? :|

Thanks
No there is no 'tutorial'. Simply answer the questions honestly, if you are stuck, ask on the forum in this topic and members will assist if they can.

I have posted the link to the archived paper from and FLR(M) guidance notes if you wish to have a look.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm
Char (CR001 not Casa)

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:41 am

thanks once again!

So as per my last question, is this the only form I need to fill and no others?

Secondly, I've gone through the paper form quickly in that link you have provided which has loads of questions, would you know which sections I need to fill in? we have one child born in UK. I know its a leading question and may not be easy to answer, but I'm just looking for some general guidance at the moment for the parts I don't need to fill in... :)

or I may start filling in online version form and see how I get on and if I do get stuck (which I will) then log it here as you said?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:50 am

So as per my last question, is this the only form I need to fill and no others?
Yes.
Secondly, I've gone through the paper form quickly in that link you have provided which has loads of questions, would you know which sections I need to fill in? we have one child born in UK. I know its a leading question and may not be easy to answer, but I'm just looking for some general guidance at the moment for the parts I don't need to fill in... :)

You can't do the paper form anymore. I only attached the links for your reference.
or I may start filling in online version form and see how I get on and if I do get stuck (which I will) then log it here as you said?
Yes, you need to apply online now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:00 am

hi

yes I was going to do the online form, but I just scanned the paper form to see what the questions are like :) I assume they will be similar questions, so I thought i'd ask which ones don't concern me as I will applying via adequate maintenance and we have one child?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:10 am

They are similar but not the same and the online form is a bit different as far as I understand. You will need to complete all sections relevant to your circumstances and as you progress through the online form, the questions asked will likely be based on previous answers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:48 pm

ok I will start the application and go through it, I take it I can save it and go back to it later to complete before submitting?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:55 pm

xzaf wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:48 pm
I take it I can save it and go back to it later to complete before submitting?
Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:09 pm

xzaf wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:51 pm

My leave to enter spouse visa (2.5 years) is coming up for renewal in about 7 months.
Don't forget that there will be new benefit rates next month, to base your calculations on.

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:12 pm

another question, we have been living together right from when my Husband arrived to UK, so what kind of documentation and how many and how far back do we need to send to prove we are still living together?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:28 pm

xzaf wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:12 pm
another question, we have been living together right from when my Husband arrived to UK, so what kind of documentation and how many and how far back do we need to send to prove we are still living together?

Thanks
Last 2 years. Page 63 or 64 of the FLR(M) paper form link I have posted explains what HO expects to see.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:55 pm

Thanks CR001,

I checked the document and it says 4x joint and 2x single names documents to be produced evenly for the whole period. What do they mean be evenly?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:35 pm

For every 3 to 4 months spaced out.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi CR001

Seeking clarification on couple of points -

My friend just had his application for spouse visa rejected based on not meeting the adequate maintenance amount. He is claiming care allowance.

A) the amount of ICA that home office took into account was £54.60 instead of £64.60 ( how is this possible, or is this a mistake (looks like they put 5 instead 6) , or have they applied some sort of Tax on the amount..?) :(

B) He also used £6,609.93 six months saving which works out, if you divide it by 130 weeks a weekly amount of £50.84. (but again they worked it out to £46.22 ?) :shock:

If both the correct amounts £64.60 + 50.84 added together = £115.44 (which meets the adequate amount of £114.85 based on for couples receiving income support)

Am I correct in my calculations or am I missing something?

Thanks

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:49 pm

anyone can confirm my above calculation please? :)