ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about what solicitors told

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vanny1627
Newly Registered
Philippines

Confused about what solicitors told

Post by Vanny1627 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:45 pm

Hello everyone,
My cousin and one of my friends are applying for FLR (O) but got refused because of lack of evidence. So they went to another solicitor. When my cousin asked if they can avoid reporting, they said that they can do something about not letting you do reporting and paying an insurance so that they can use Nhs services again. That confuses me, I don’t want to look as a negative but of course i’m worried about them. So, can they use Nhs services while applying? 2nd, can they avoid doing the reporting? The previous solicitor said that since they are going through legal process they have to do reporting but there’s a big risk for deportation. 3rd, they are here in the UK for 10 years now. Is there a chance that they can be granted for a visa through FLR (O) route?

Thank you so much. I just want to help them and atleast have an idea. Also help to save some money as well from jumping from one solicitor to another. Super thanks

Casa

Re: Confused about what solicitors told

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:07 pm

In order for anyone to advise, you'll have to give their full immigration history. Under what grounds are they applying for FLR(O) :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:21 am

FLR(O)?
This publication was withdrawn on 1 December 2016
You cannot use form FLR(O) anymore. It has been archived, and replaced by form FLR(HRO) and FLR(IR), please check you’re applying on the correct form.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:18 am

I think the solicitor is trying to get the applicant insurance so they can go to NHS for some medical grounds to avoid reporting or even if they have to go for reporting home office don’t detain people on medication as long as they fulfil immigration bail conditions and insurance is to avoid immigration rules violation.
To me it makes sense, if the solicitor is thinking this way. Do share the full immigration history and other relavent information so the senior members can guide further.