ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residency for Naturalisation - not working, not claiming benefits

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amac80
Newly Registered
Germany

Proof of residency for Naturalisation - not working, not claiming benefits

Post by amac80 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi, any advice much appreciated.
I am struggling with documents for two of the five years I require for proof of residency. After two years' employment I started my own Limited Company, but didn't make a profit or pay myself a salary until two years later. For these initial two years I don't have any official documents. Any correspondence from HMRC or Company House went to my company's registered address, not my home address. I didn't register for self assessment as I was a company director and not earning at the time.
I have received Child Benefit during that time, but I could only evidence this through bank statements, and the online guidance states that bank statements and utility bills are not accepted as proof.
I have a generic letter from the NHS that states that I was registered with my GP for the last 10 years.

Not sure what else I could use?

Thousand thanks for your help.