ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Couple of questions related to my naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ishu323
Newly Registered
India

Couple of questions related to my naturalisation application

Post by Ishu323 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:27 pm

I came to UK for the first time in Jun-11 (ICT), then in Feb -12 (Tier 2 General) and was granted ILR in Mar-17. I am now applying for British passport and submitting the application online. Earlier visa applications were done by an immigration law firm and paid by my employer but I am doing this application on my own.

I have few questions -

Proof of English test - My BE from India (Delhi University, India) was used as a proof of language test for my ILR application in Feb 2017. There was no NARIC letter attached. I asked my immigration consultant (for ILR application) to send me proof of English test at that time and he confirmed "your degree was used to meet this requirement (see attached copy). As you met the requirement for ILR after 28/10/2013 you will not be required to evidence this again for a Citizenship application." Is that really true? I don't see this written in the guidance form so I am a bit confused.

- Date first entered into UK - this should be the date when I came to UK on ILR or first time entry on ICT 2. Guidance form says "enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis" so it should ILR. Can someone please confirm.

- Immigration details - Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? Do I need to mention details of all my previous applications - ICT, Tier 2 General and ILR ? They are asking when did you apply, reference number, location and fingerprints. I know the location and I think fingerprints were taken but I am not sure.

Forever grateful for your guidance.

cryvate
Netherlands

Re: Couple of questions related to my naturalisation application

Post by cryvate » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:28 pm

In regards to Proof of English test, the form says you can satisfy it by:
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013.
Which I am pretty sure is the box for your to tick (or to say yes to if using online form).

In regards to your second question, I think it should be Jun-11. This might seem weird because ICT-1 isn't a permanent or explicit 'immigrant' visa. Unlike say an F-1 (student visa) in the United States which explicitly is non-immigrant (i.e it is expected you return to your home country after studying, and you remain domiciled there for tax purposes et cetera), your intention to stay in the UK (as long as legal) for a long time or on a different visa/ILR in the long-term is acceptable.

Unfortunately I do not know the answer to your last question, but better safe than sorry I'd say.

Ishu323
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ishu323 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:01 pm

"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013."

Yes, this did come through and I clicked yes. So does this mean I don't have to attach anything else? In the Document list, they are not asking me to submit any document related to Proof of English.

On the second bit, I was thinking i will write Feb-12 (when i got ILR) and then in the cover letter explain that i came to the country on ICT in Jan-11.

Hopefully that should be ok ?

cryvate
Netherlands

Post by cryvate » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Ishu323 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:01 pm
"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013."

Yes, this did come through and I clicked yes. So does this mean I don't have to attach anything else? In the Document list, they are not asking me to submit any document related to Proof of English.

On the second bit, I was thinking i will write Feb-12 (when i got ILR) and then in the cover letter explain that i came to the country on ICT in Jan-11.

Hopefully that should be ok ?
Yup, from what I understand, you don't have to attach anything: it is implied by your ILR.

Didn't you get Tier 2 General Feb-12? Either should be fine.

Ishu323
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ishu323 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:05 pm

Tier 2 in Feb-12 too. I just want to be sure. As I didn't see the language test bit in the guidance form, i am bit nervous that I don't need to attach anything again to demonstrate my English test requirement

cryvate
Netherlands

Post by cryvate » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:31 pm

In the guidance I read:

{quote]
If you have a B1 level qualification that was accepted for the purposes of a
settlement application, then you do not need to pass another English language test
for your citizenship application.
{/quote]

From playing around with the online form before, the document checklist will not ask you to send in the document again if you say it has already been used to get ILR. Even if you use the paper form, the same document requirements should be in place.

Ishu323
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ishu323 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:32 pm

Thank you for clarifying. Much appreciated!

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:05 am

If it helps, my application did not ask me for any proof of language to be attached. It had been met with ILR last year.