ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS or Old Service?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bmf073
Newly Registered
Pakistan

UKVCAS or Old Service?

Post by Bmf073 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:29 pm

Hi Guys,

I am applying to Register my two sons (1.5 years and 4 years) as British Citizens using MN1 as they were born in UK.

What service should I use UKVCAS or online form submission with Posting of Documents?

Just wanted your opinion which service will have a quicker outcome?

Many thanks in advance.

BR

Hioru

Re: UKVCAS or Old Service?

Post by Hioru » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:44 pm

Bmf073 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:29 pm
Hi Guys,

I am applying to Register my two sons (1.5 years and 4 years) as British Citizens using MN1 as they were born in UK.

What service should I use UKVCAS or online form submission with Posting of Documents?

Just wanted your opinion which service will have a quicker outcome?

Many thanks in advance.

BR
Time to make the decision is the same.
The difference is in how the Home Office receives your application and evidence and whether you get to keep the originals.

Bmf073
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Bmf073 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:15 am

Thanks for your reply.

What is the Processing time for MN1 application usually?

The problem with New service is Lack of communication or acknowledgment of application from UKVI...you will have to blindly wait for outcome with fingers crossed. :?

passing_by
Newly Registered

Post by passing_by » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:23 am

there are only few ukvcas services that offer free appointments. and the available time slots could be in the middle of February. i think there is no way to know if there are available appointments until you pay for the service. or maybe they can tell you with their phone centre (£2.5 per minute).

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:21 pm

Bmf073 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:15 am
Thanks for your reply.

The problem with New service is Lack of communication or acknowledgment of application from UKVI...you will have to blindly wait for outcome with fingers crossed. :?
After completing your online application, UKVI will send you an email notification after a couple of days. It’s annoying you don’t get an email confirmation that your biometrics and supporting docs have been received too, but there’s no risk that they won’t receive it after your appointment.

The old system involves an extra administrative of manually processing the documents and attaching them to your application. It can’t be quicker than UKVCAS from a service design perspective.

It shouldn’t be a question, I’d go for UKVCAS.

Hioru

Post by Hioru » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:10 pm

passing_by wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:23 am
there are only few ukvcas services that offer free appointments. and the available time slots could be in the middle of February. i think there is no way to know if there are available appointments until you pay for the service. or maybe they can tell you with their phone centre (£2.5 per minute).
That's actually a good point! And is the reason why I personally have chosen to do the old style online application.
I knew I could send the evidence at the time of my convenience and I knew when the post office is open and that I could safely come there after work or on a weekend (15-20min walk from both my flat and my work).

With the new service I would have to either travel to London or Birmingham (probably 1 hour each way) and I feared it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that I would have to either lose money by taking time off from work or losing money and getting a premium appointment at a more convenient time i.e. weekend.
And as I haven't gone through the new service I'm not sure if my fears above were reasonable, whether it is possible to get a free appointment after 6pm or on a weekend?

Bmf073
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Bmf073 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:00 pm

Nerazzuri wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:21 pm
Bmf073 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

After completing your online application, UKVI will send you an email notification after a couple of days. It’s annoying you don’t get an email confirmation that your biometrics and supporting docs have been received too, but there’s no risk that they won’t receive it after your appointment.

The old system involves an extra administrative of manually processing the documents and attaching them to your application. It can’t be quicker than UKVCAS from a service design perspective.

Last month I applied for my Wife's ILR via PBS dependent route. I never got any correspondence from UKVI except the last email I got from them was the Confirmation of Application Fees. Other than that there is no contact from UKVI. I am not sure if you are reffering to same email or not? or only you get email confirmation for MN1 applications?

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:45 am

Bmf073 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:00 pm
Nerazzuri wrote:
Bmf073 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

Last month I applied for my Wife's ILR via PBS dependent route. I never got any correspondence from UKVI except the last email I got from them was the Confirmation of Application Fees. Other than that there is no contact from UKVI. I am not sure if you are reffering to same email or not? or only you get email confirmation for MN1 applications?
With the citizenship application, you get an email saying this after submission:

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

Bmf073
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Bmf073 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:51 am

Nerazzuri wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:45 am
Bmf073 wrote:
Nerazzuri wrote:
Bmf073 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

With the citizenship application, you get an email saying this after submission:

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.
Is it only for premium service or standard service as well as we did not get anything like that😑? Its ridiculous to not have any confirmation after submission😐

Hioru

Post by Hioru » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Bmf073 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:51 am
Nerazzuri wrote:
Bmf073 wrote:
Nerazzuri wrote:

Is it only for premium service or standard service as well as we did not get anything like that😑? Its ridiculous to not have any confirmation after submission😐
There is no premium service for citizenship.

The email should say:
Dear [name] ,

Case ID: [8 numbers]

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Permanent migration team
Mine came from hocommunications@communications.homeoffice.gov.uk

If it's not an online application then they send a letter instead of an email.

Bmf073
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Bmf073 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:56 pm

Hioru wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:33 pm
Bmf073 wrote:
Nerazzuri wrote:
Bmf073 wrote:

The email should say:
Dear [name] ,

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Permanent migration team

Hioru wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:33 pm
Bmf073 wrote:
Nerazzuri wrote:
Bmf073 wrote:

The email should say:
Dear [name] ,

Permanent migration team

There is a premium service for ILR applications and you can pay extra to get a quicker decision but instead of getting decision same day you get it next day as there are no UKVI workers in UKVCAS to make a decision same day.

When did you apply for your ILR?was it through UKVCAS?
Did you get this email after submitting the docs at UKVCAS or before?

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:45 pm

When you submit a citizenship application online, you will get an email acknowledging the receipt of the application and that it's being processed and Hioru mentioned.

Premium ILR applications changed late last year with the introduction of UKVCAS, hence if you'd applied for a premium ILR application then you would only ever have gotten a payment receipt, not application acknowledgement, since you were getting the decision on the same day. Likewise now, it still makes sense that you don't get an application acknowledgement because as you said, the decision is made pretty much within 24 hours.

Citizenship is different. It takes several weeks (minimum 2.5 weeks but possibly even more than 6 months). Hence, it makes sense to have those an email letting you know its been received and is being processed.

Bmf073
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Bmf073 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:57 pm

Nerazzuri wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:45 pm
When you submit a citizenship application online, you will get an email acknowledging the receipt of the application and that it's being processed and Hioru mentioned.

Premium ILR applications changed late last year with the introduction of UKVCAS, hence if you'd applied for a premium ILR application then you would only ever have gotten a payment receipt, not application acknowledgement, since you were getting the decision on the same day. Likewise now, it still makes sense that you don't get an application acknowledgement because as you said, the decision is made pretty much within 24 hours.

Citizenship is different. It takes several weeks (minimum 2.5 weeks but possibly even more than 6 months). Hence, it makes sense to have those an email letting you know its been received and is being processed.
I think confusion here is citizenship application and ILR application.Citizenship applications may be they send c9nfirmation but as I mentioned before that I used standard service for ILR application which can also take upto 6 months depending on the case. So I see no reason why they should not send at least confirmation email. I can understand with next day service but any application that takes more than a week should be confirmed rather than leaving people in unknown situation.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:39 am

Hioru wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:10 pm
passing_by wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:23 am
That's actually a good point! And is the reason why I personally have chosen to do the old style online application.
I knew I could send the evidence at the time of my convenience and I knew when the post office is open and that I could safely come there after work or on a weekend (15-20min walk from both my flat and my work).

With the new service I would have to either travel to London or Birmingham (probably 1 hour each way) and I feared it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that I would have to either lose money by taking time off from work or losing money and getting a premium appointment at a more convenient time i.e. weekend.
And as I haven't gone through the new service I'm not sure if my fears above were reasonable, whether it is possible to get a free appointment after 6pm or on a weekend?
As per UKVCAS, free service hours are only valid from 1000-1600, after this there is a charge.

"The following locations are now available for bookings. Appointments can be booked
in core Service Points (in Red text below) and the Premium Lounge up to 4 weeks in
advance, and in Enhanced Service Points up to two weeks in advance. Appointments
between 10:00 and 16:00 in core Service Points are non-chargeable."