ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SHORTEST DURATION ,QUICKEST WAY from CITIZENSHIP to PASSPORT PROCESS.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shi12345678
Newly Registered
India

SHORTEST DURATION ,QUICKEST WAY from CITIZENSHIP to PASSPORT PROCESS.

Post by shi12345678 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:55 am

Dear All

I have applied for citizenship and waiting for HO citizenship letter approval letter to be recieved.

I would like you to suggest me how can I shorten the timescale form "Date on citizenship Approval letter to date of recieving the passport ie to ensure passport application process is short duration ?

For example :
1.How to book Citizenship Ceremany soon?
2. Applying passport "1 week Fast Track service " (is this eligible for 1st time aplliers ? )
3. Or any preparation

Thanks In advance :)

Nerazzuri

Re: SHORTEST DURATION ,QUICKEST WAY from CITIZENSHIP to PASSPORT PROCESS.

Post by Nerazzuri » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:24 am

The only thing you can do is book a ceremony as soon as possible (likely a private ceremony) and submit an online passport application as soon as you have the naturalisation certificate in hand. You should also line up someone who meets the referee criteria that can log in and verify your photograph, and have your digital photograph ready too.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:48 am

shi12345678 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:55 am
Dear All

I have applied for citizenship and waiting for HO citizenship letter approval letter to be recieved.

I would like you to suggest me how can I shorten the timescale form "Date on citizenship Approval letter to date of recieving the passport ie to ensure passport application process is short duration ?

For example :
2. Applying passport "1 week Fast Track service " (is this eligible for 1st time aplliers ? )
3. Or any preparation

1. No
2.No
3.No
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

shi12345678
Newly Registered
India

Post by shi12345678 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Nerazzuri wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:24 am
The only thing you can do is book a ceremony as soon as possible (likely a private ceremony) and submit an online passport application as soon as you have the naturalisation certificate in hand. You should also line up someone who meets the referee criteria that can log in and verify your photograph, and have your digital photograph ready too.
Thanks , Nerazzuri , I will do what you suggested.
Best regards

shi12345678
Newly Registered
India

Post by shi12345678 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:55 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:48 am
shi12345678 wrote:
Dear All

For example :
3. Or any preparation

1. No
2.No
3.No
Dear Alterhase58
Thanks for response. So do you mean 1 week Fast track service is not available for 1st time appliers ?
thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:11 pm

shi12345678 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:55 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
shi12345678 wrote:
Dear All

For example :
3. Or any preparation

1. No
2.No
3.No
Dear Alterhase58
Thanks for response. So do you mean 1 week Fast track service is not available for 1st time appliers ?
thanks in advance
No it is not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:39 pm

I applied for my son’s first british passport and selected 2 days urgent service and got his passport within 2 working days , i was on ILR when he was born

shi12345678
Newly Registered
India

Post by shi12345678 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:11 pm
shi12345678 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:55 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
shi12345678 wrote:
Dear All

For example :
3. Or any preparation

1. No
2.No
3.No
Dear Alterhase58
thanks in advance
No it is not.
Thanks CR001
That means I cannot apply 1 week fasttrack passport appalication :(
In that case , my next best option is to apply passport online with ‘Passport Check and Send - digital’ via post office . Is that correct ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:50 pm

waqas734 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:39 pm
I applied for my son’s first british passport and selected 2 days urgent service and got his passport within 2 working days , i was on ILR when he was born
The Fast Track option isn't available for an application for an adult's first passport application. :idea:

See below:
"You can use 1 week Fast Track to:
renew an adult or child passport that has expired or that is about to expire
change personal details on your passport (for example your name, place of birth or gender)
replace a lost, stolen or damaged passport
apply for a first child passport
"

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgen ... ck-service
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rajtn
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajtn » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:37 pm

waqas734 wrote:
Hi Wagas734
what documents you have given to UKBA?
also it will be great help if you explain the process you followed? like applied online or through solicitor.
Many thanks in advance,
xx

double2double5
Newly Registered
Tokelau

Post by double2double5 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:39 am

Whilst I agree that HMPO on their website say they do not allow fast track for first time applications, ironically if you call them and ask, they allow it.

I applied for my first passport after naturalisation on the super-express priority option (call before 10AM, pick up at 1PM - c.£90 extra). This happens as long as Home Office has received the notification from your council saying that you have attended the naturalisation ceremony (happens 2-3 days after ceremony)

Casa wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:50 pm
waqas734 wrote:
The Fast Track option isn't available for an application for an adult's first passport application. :idea:

See below:
"You can use 1 week Fast Track to:
renew an adult or child passport that has expired or that is about to expire
change personal details on your passport (for example your name, place of birth or gender)
replace a lost, stolen or damaged passport
apply for a first child passport
"

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgen ... ck-service

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:08 pm

double2double5 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:39 am
Whilst I agree that HMPO on their website say they do not allow fast track for first time applications, ironically if you call them and ask, they allow it.

I applied for my first passport after naturalisation on the super-express priority option (call before 10AM, pick up at 1PM - c.£90 extra). This happens as long as Home Office has received the notification from your council saying that you have attended the naturalisation ceremony (happens 2-3 days after ceremony.
This sounds awesome!
When was this?
You got the interview appointment the same day you called?

double2double5
Newly Registered
Tokelau

Post by double2double5 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:20 pm

Firstly, there is no interview for your passport after naturalisation.

Once you attend the naturalisation ceremony, the council sends a notification to the Home Office stating that you can be issued your passport. Apply for your passport as you would do and then ring up HMPO asking for the fast track.

I must add that this was in Aug 2018, when you could apply for passports jointly with your naturalisation application but I don't see it being massively different.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:30 pm

There are random interviews for some applicants.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:39 am

double2double5 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:20 pm
Firstly, there is no interview for your passport after naturalisation.

Once you attend the naturalisation ceremony, the council sends a notification to the Home Office stating that you can be issued your passport. Apply for your passport as you would do and then ring up HMPO asking for the fast track.

I must add that this was in Aug 2018, when you could apply for passports jointly with your naturalisation application but I don't see it being massively different.
Thanks.. didn’t know that. My sibling was interviewed hence I assumed everyone is..

Hioru

Post by Hioru » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:33 pm

double2double5 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:39 am

I applied for my first passport after naturalisation on the super-express priority option (call before 10AM, pick up at 1PM - c.£90 extra). This happens as long as Home Office has received the notification from your council saying that you have attended the naturalisation ceremony (happens 2-3 days after ceremony)
Hi double2double5, thanks for this info!
Did you apply online and then called them up?
I assume you didn't have to post any documents (like any current foreign passport you have)? You just had to go to their appointment centre where you received the British passport and I guess showed them documents there?

Thanks!

double2double5
Newly Registered
Tokelau

Post by double2double5 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:06 am

I had applied using JCAP, which if I'm right doesn't exist anymore. Thus my application for passport was 'complete' when I applied for naturalisation and I went in just to collect my passport.

So to answer your question - I don't know. Best to ask for HMPO when you call them.

shi12345678
Newly Registered
India

Post by shi12345678 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Dear All

I have recieved a letter from home office saying "citizenship appplication is successful AND you will recieve a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony "..it also has a ref number 024......
1. Now , could I book citizenship ceremony by phoning local council phoneline BEFORE I recieve invitation(to save time as I have urgency)
2. Now .,Could I apply for "Passport Check and Send - digital" via royalmail, before citizenship ceremony (to save time as I have urgency)

with best regards
S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:39 pm

1. You will get a separate letter for ceremony. You can phone council and see what they say too.

2. No you cannot as you are not British yet. You can only apply for a passport after you have attended your ceremony and have received your certificate. You need the certificate for the passport application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shi12345678
Newly Registered
India

Post by shi12345678 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:39 pm
1. You will get a separate letter for ceremony. You can phone council and see what they say too.

2. No you cannot as you are not British yet. You can only apply for a passport after you have attended your ceremony and have received your certificate. You need the certificate for the passport application.
Dear CR001

Thank you so much for your quick clear response .
best regards
S

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:24 am

If you are looking at the fastest route after the ceremony, I wonder if online is quicker than postal check and send service? Hard to tell from the timelines but I suspect online may be slightly quicker , I don't have evidence for this though.