ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please ..about finance and relationship history

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

thaichick09
Newly Registered

Help please ..about finance and relationship history

Post by thaichick09 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:09 am

Hello guys,
Im new here but I have been reading useful topic about FLR. We will send our application form and documents tomorrow as we will get the last bank statement tomorrow and my student visa will expire on the 6th of next month. Im very nervous so I just want to make sure we have a solid application.

I met my husband on the internet in may06 and I cam here on a student visa in March07. During the time we were apart, we kept in touch via our phones, emails, and msn+webcam but all we can provide is emails printout as there is no phone bill for mobile phone. In this case, we have written a covering letter explaining why we can only provide emails printout. We are scared they will refuse because we met on the internet.

Our finances, my husband has a small online shop in Ebay.co.uk selling photographs that he took. The business is quite well we have income from his online shop about £300-£400 a month. We transfer from paypal account to our bank account monthly but all it says in bank statements is just 'deposit cash '£322'. Should we write a covering letter explain where 'deposit cash £322' come from?

Sorry for ending with long message. Every answer will be appriciated.
and im sorry for my english.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:25 am

His accountant should have prepared his business accounts you can present those. I hope he has declared this income to the tax authorities, it's an offence not too.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

thaichick09
Newly Registered

Post by thaichick09 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:59 am

if he hasnt then, what will happen?
should we say £322 is from somewhere else?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:34 pm

thaichick09 wrote:if he hasnt then, what will happen?
should we say £322 is from somewhere else?
That would be lying - therefore a fraudulent application, they might find out, they might not but I'd say the typically-tenacious ECO will be looking on the bank statements for regular income in the form of wage/salary backed-up with payslips. In the absence of those what can you provide? The Ebay transactions would mean a small business, the ECO will want to see accounts. Better ur partner got a job of somesort to show regular income, or he engaged an accountant and paid his taxes, if due. I'd also venture £300/400 isn't enough to support two people, hardly enough for one.

Remember, caught in the lie, visa bye-bye.....

thaichick09
Newly Registered

Post by thaichick09 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:51 pm

thank you so much for replying, Wanderer. We dont want to lie as its not our natures. Can they check weather he declares to the tax authorities?

His income 750
My income 350
Other £388

If we do like this in incoming and outgoing chart, will they ask where 'other' comes from? Stupid question.. they will ask anyway. We have £2500 in our bank. What should we do for the best?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 pm

U SHOULD get it certified from accountant

John

Post by John » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:21 pm

If he hasn't already registered the existence of the business to HMRC then he needs to do so without delay.

Whilst you give details of your income, you don't mention anything about outgoings. In particular, what are your housing costs?

Also, what sort of visa do you have at present? Still your student visa? If so, have you, during term-time, exceeded 20 hours work per week? And when did you get married? And where did the marriage happen? Which country?
John

thaichick09
Newly Registered

Post by thaichick09 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Rent 525
groceries 320
im on a student visa, it will expire next month. I worked at most 17 hours per week and now Im unemployed as a place I worked is going though a refurbishment and it will b re-opened next month. We got married last month at local church, Kent.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:55 pm

thaichick09 wrote:Rent 525
groceries 320
im on a student visa, it will expire next month. I worked at most 17 hours per week and now Im unemployed as a place I worked is going though a refurbishment and it will b re-opened next month. We got married last month at local church, Kent.
Did you apply for and receive a CoA (Certificate of Approval) - you would need that before marriage?

thaichick09
Newly Registered

Post by thaichick09 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:47 pm

yes we were granted the coa

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:02 pm

thaichick09 wrote:yes we were granted the coa
OK good, all you need to do is engage an accountant, from ur figures about you might actually save some money, since personal tax can be offset against against business losses, and any enterprising accountant can make a flourishing business look like a loss-maker. Here's it's ok to cheat since Accountants and Lawyers are trained to do it and are respected for it, cynical mode on....

Anyway, any decent account will save u his fees on ur bottom line anyway so don't worry about the costs - he should save more than he costs.

Thereby u have a valid explanation for the figures, nothing is hidden, ECO is happy and visa is approved, and you can buy me a pint. Hopefully, nothing is 100%! I mean the visa not the pint.

John

Post by John » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:24 pm

Wanderer, I fear there is a flaw in your argument. That is, they want to show as much income as possible, and certainly not a loss from the business. Now is not the time to engage anyone to prepare formal accounts.

thaichick09, the income from "other", probably better just labelled "Self-Employment".
John

thaichick09
Newly Registered

Post by thaichick09 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:32 am

thank you so much, you people have been very helpful. Today I need to post on my own because my husband works 8-4. I dunno how much it will cost as its quite heavy lol. Thanks again. xx
ps. John, as I know your wife is Thai, right? Say sawasdee ka to her for me pls?

xx