ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enter within 6 months?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pyke

Enter within 6 months?

Post by pyke » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:20 pm

I have received some rather disturbing and contradicting responses from the UK Border and Immigration Agency and my local VFS centre, which handles the processing of UK visas.

The HSMP approval letter is valid for 6 months and states that it must be used to apply for a UK visa within that period. Must one also enter the UK within the 6 months? The BIA informed me that it must be used for apply for a visa but one can enter the UK at a later date, after the 6 months. However, my local VFS centre informed me that one must apply for a visa and enter the UK within the 6 months. Which one is it??

How much later than the 6 months can one wait before entering the UK? When applying for the visa an intended travel date is required.

I think that it's a question that has been asked before but I can't seem to find that thread.... Is there a website with these regulations? Any advice would be appreciated!

avn77
Newly Registered

Time Line Query Tier 1

Post by avn77 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi

I got my Tier 1 Migrant visa in Mumbai last week. It is valid for 3 years. I have a small query. I am looking for ajob in the UK from Mumbai. I do have the Tier 1 Migrant visa so dont need sponsorship. What I do want to know is if there is a time limit in which one needs to make an entry into the uk?? Can I enter the UK and start working after a year i.e. a year after I got my Tier 1 Visa. I am unable to find any info in this regard?? Can you please help.

A V Narayanan

pyke

Post by pyke » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:34 pm

avn77, you applied for and got your visa immediately after receiving tier 1 approval? How long were you given to apply for it?

push

Post by push » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:56 pm

pyke wrote:avn77, you applied for and got your visa immediately after receiving tier 1 approval? How long were you given to apply for it?
tier-1 is different from hsmp in that the aproval and ec stamping are done simultaneously.

push

Re: Time Line Query Tier 1

Post by push » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:04 pm

avn77 wrote:Hi

I got my Tier 1 Migrant visa in Mumbai last week. It is valid for 3 years. I have a small query. I am looking for ajob in the UK from Mumbai. I do have the Tier 1 Migrant visa so dont need sponsorship. What I do want to know is if there is a time limit in which one needs to make an entry into the uk?? Can I enter the UK and start working after a year i.e. a year after I got my Tier 1 Visa. I am unable to find any info in this regard?? Can you please help.

A V Narayanan
VFS does not know much about HSMP/Tier 1; You have to get the EC stamped on your passport within 6 months of getting the approval. Once stamped, you can enter UK anytime you want till the VISA is valid. But entering late could have implications on the ILR ( as in the period that you spend in UK will be pushed back to that extent)

This is from the faq section of the UK border agency website

UK border agency website:

"What is the latest date that I can arrive in the UK with my visa?
The expiry date will be shown on the visa, but remember that this is also the last day on which you are permitted to stay in the UK.
"

Personal opinion: although one can delay his visit to UK after getting to EC stamped on the passport by as much duration as he wants, there Immigration Officer could object in case there are inordinate delays.