ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about Tier 2 sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Atykeys1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Question about Tier 2 sponsorship

Post by Atykeys1 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:12 pm

I applied for a tier 2 General visa (musicians) after my msc, through my church. And I was denied twice. already, an admin review is currently in the works and I am wondering if it gets refused again should I still reapply. Previous reasons for refusal was on the basis of ;
1. Home Office categorized it as an ingenuine vacancy, of which I have been doing this as a volunteer before I was offered this sponsorship.
2. On the basis of non advertisement on the part of my sponsors
3. Lack of adequate certificate to back up the role I am been offered, I am a self taught pianist and I am quite adequate with in my job and capabilities. If home office needs me to proof my proficiency I am totally up for it.

So my question is what can I do differently to make it work?

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Question about Tier 2 sponsorship

Post by UKLL » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:58 pm

Atykeys1 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:12 pm
I applied for a tier 2 General visa (musicians) after my msc, through my church. And I was denied twice. already, an admin review is currently in the works and I am wondering if it gets refused again should I still reapply. Previous reasons for refusal was on the basis of ;
1. Home Office categorized it as an ingenuine vacancy, of which I have been doing this as a volunteer before I was offered this sponsorship.
2. On the basis of non advertisement on the part of my sponsors
3. Lack of adequate certificate to back up the role I am been offered, I am a self taught pianist and I am quite adequate with in my job and capabilities. If home office needs me to proof my proficiency I am totally up for it.

So my question is what can I do differently to make it work?
Advertise the job as how it is required to advertise as per Tier 2 Guideline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:48 am

As the role has been classified as a non genuine vacancy you are fighting an uphill battle regardless of the RLMT adverts etc.
Unfortunately you are following a known abuse route for religious organisations filling non religious / non ministerial roles. What you have described is the classic profile so it will be difficult to overcome.

Atykeys1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Atykeys1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:08 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:48 am
As the role has been classified as a non genuine vacancy you are fighting an uphill battle regardless of the RLMT adverts etc.
Unfortunately you are following a known abuse route for religious organisations filling non religious / non ministerial roles. What you have described is the classic profile so it will be difficult to overcome.
Thanks guys