ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

names on certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jobberman1
Newly Registered

names on certificate

Post by jobberman1 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:53 pm

Please can anyone help? my 18 year old son has first and middle names interchanged in B1 English language certificate. His first name appearing as middle name and second name appearing as first, but surname was written properly. We contacted the centre and was told its a minor error. Does anyone think it may be a problem in the citizen citizenship application because its not the same order as in his foreign passport? We are applying together as a family.

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Re: names on certificate

Post by romado » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:00 pm

Most likely there will be a problem. Ask test center to re-issue certificate with correct names.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:01 pm

jobberman1 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:53 pm
Please can anyone help? my 18 year old son has first and middle names interchanged in B1 English language certificate. His first name appearing as middle name and second name appearing as first, but surname was written properly. We contacted the centre and was told its a minor error. Does anyone think it may be a problem in the citizen citizenship application because its not the same order as in his foreign passport? We are applying together as a family.
It should not be an issue. A simple covering letter or note in the 'additional information' section will suffice to explain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jobberman1
Newly Registered

Post by jobberman1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:26 pm

Thanks a lot CR001. Please one more question.
I was filling the online form and it ask for Civil convictions/judgements. Are parking charges issued by local council or private parking companies(eg I left my car in Asda for over three hours and got a penalty charge in post and I paid immediately). None issued by the police. I don't mind declaring them (3) over the last five years but are they convictions? Please help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:27 pm

A PCN is NOT a 'Civil convictions/judgements'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jobberman1
Newly Registered

Post by jobberman1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:37 am

Please one more question. I was filing the online form and wondering at what stage I will be able to upload supporting documents? I have gotten to the stage where the system has given me the list of documents required, then declaration and payment but no option to upload documents. I don't want to pay until next week when my 12 months is completed. Or is it that you make payment before you can upload documents? Does payment date indicate submission of form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:53 am

Date you pay and submit is the application date. You can upload after you have done this as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jobberman1
Newly Registered

Post by jobberman1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:58 am

Thanks, I was hoping I will be able to upload my documents earlier so that submission will be the last stage. Will be strange if one pays and submit application before uploading documents.

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 am

Yes, you do pay and send your application first, and that will be the date of application and you do this on UKVI government website, only after this they will redirect you to Sopra Steria (UKCVAS) website where you will be able to register, upload and book your appointment for biometris. Hope that helps.

jobberman1
Newly Registered

Post by jobberman1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:12 pm

Thanks, it does help.