ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (HRO)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amerabbas
Newly Registered
Mood:

FLR (HRO)

Post by amerabbas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:47 am

Dear Moderators,

Could you please guide me with regards to the visa and refund from home office. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

I booked an appointment at PSC for the extension of my wife's visa which was going to expire on 31st of Dec 2018. Last time she was given 30 months discretionary leave to remain despite us applying for the spouse visa. Based on that we used FLR (HRO) application form (10 years route) and paid £1643. we booked this appointment based on the information on HO website and what we were told over the phone.

we attended PSC on 28th Nov but we were told that they cant process this type of application and we need to send this application by post. we were told that we will get a refund but we can still use the same IHS reference. one good thing came out of this was that we got an answer to why she was given 30 months discretionary leave instead of spouse visa last time.

we reapplied again online on 2nd of December and paid £1033. I downloaded all the letter at the end of application form. we followed all the instruction on HO website. we sent documents (including mine and my kids British passports )along with the checklist and enrolled the biometrics on the same day.

we were surprised to receive a letter from HO at the end of December stating that we have not signed one of the consent form. we signed and sent that letter back on the same day. we have not heard anything since then.

its been more than 2 months and we have not received the refund from HO. also in the mean time I requested HO to return our British passports but its more than 3 weeks we have not heard anything.

Please advise, what should we do to expedite all this process.

Regards

abdulsaid
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Re: FLR (HRO)

Post by abdulsaid » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:07 pm

I'm interested to know how long you waited as mine was June 12 now Sept 12 no reply called to ask and they told me no service standards for HRO application :( but my rights as parent still exist and I work at Home Office but different departments :)