ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after applying for Naturalization using UKVCAS (EEA Citizen)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

northernwanderer
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Travelling after applying for Naturalization using UKVCAS (EEA Citizen)

Post by northernwanderer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:49 am

Hi Everyone.
I made an application for for Naturalization using the new UKVCAS service.

During the appointment I asked the person if I can travel while my application is being considered. The person replied "I don't know about EU citizens, but I think you cant travel out of the UK till you get a decision".

I travel to the EU very regularly for short day or couple of day trips at a time for business.

I called the home office yesterday and tried to find the answer to my question, however the person on the phone said
"We do not advise on travelling while your application for citizenship is being considered, we can't say anything on this subject matter, you can ask the airport you are travelling from"

That is one of the most bizarre answers I have ever gotten.

Does anyone have any information about this.

Basically travelling to the EU outside the UK while citizenship application is on-going using the new UKVCAS service for a EU citizen.

TIA

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Travelling after applying for Naturalization using UKVCAS (EEA Citizen)

Post by makky86 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:15 am

northernwanderer wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:49 am
Hi Everyone.
I made an application for for Naturalization using the new UKVCAS service.

During the appointment I asked the person if I can travel while my application is being considered. The person replied "I don't know about EU citizens, but I think you cant travel out of the UK till you get a decision".

I travel to the EU very regularly for short day or couple of day trips at a time for business.

I called the home office yesterday and tried to find the answer to my question, however the person on the phone said
"We do not advise on travelling while your application for citizenship is being considered, we can't say anything on this subject matter, you can ask the airport you are travelling from"

That is one of the most bizarre answers I have ever gotten.

Does anyone have any information about this.

Basically travelling to the EU outside the UK while citizenship application is on-going using the new UKVCAS service for a EU citizen.

TIA
Unfortunately the staff at UKVCAS is under trained and the customer service helpline is worthless. IF you phone again you'll get different answer.

If you are EU citizen then you can definately travel freely using your passport.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travelling after applying for Naturalization using UKVCAS (EEA Citizen)

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:19 am

For some immigration applications you are not allowed to travel outside the UK whilst it is being processed.

Naturalisation is not immigration, it comes under UK nationaly laws - travel is and always has been allowed whilst the application was pending. Nothing has changed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.