ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for FLR extension instead of ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abz474
Newly Registered

Applied for FLR extension instead of ILR

Post by Abz474 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:48 am

Not sure what happened but somehow applied for FLR extension instead of ILR.
I received my Biometrics card yesterday that was susposed to show indefinite but was the exactly the same as my FLR card. The card is only valid for 2years 7 months.
Can somebody tell me where I go from here. CAn I apply for the ILR straight away which I assume it will be another huge cost.
Any info will be much appreciated
TIA

Aom

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applied for FLR extension instead of ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:54 am

What form did you complete??

How much did you pay??

Did you pay IHS??

Did you get a letter from HO re decision?

How long have you been in the UK on a spouse visa or what is your full UK immigration history?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abz474
Newly Registered

Post by Abz474 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:54 pm

It gets even worse, I got a letter from the HO to say I have been granted Limited Leave to Remain.
I must have been applying for the wrong visa.
Thinking back I did pay for IHS and visa cost was around £1500.
Needless to say I'm not happy with my self right now and should have looked more into it as it was the new system I was applying with.

I came to the UK on January 2014 with a Spouse/partner visa 5 year route.
Applied for FLR on 27-06-2016 which was granted
Thought I applied for ILR on 22-12-2018 and got a letter today from HO says "I successfully applied and granted Limited Leave to Remain and been granted a period of 30 months limited leave to remain.
I may be eligible to apply for settlement after completing at least 5 years under this route".

Can I try and apply for ILR even though I have got the new Limited Leave to Remain visa?

Any help much appreciated.

TIA.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:00 pm

You can apply for ILR at any point again. You will have to pay the fees again though.

Note that IHS is NOT payable for ILR.

Also, did you send LIUK and English B1 with your FLR application? If you did, has HO sent it back??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abz474
Newly Registered

Post by Abz474 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:30 pm

I realize I will have to pay again, only myself to blame. Note to self: Do not pay for IHS again.

I applied through the new online system and I uploaded all the relevant documents to the UKVCAS website. So I have all my original documents with me.

Thanks for your help.