ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application withdrawal without overstaying

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

passing_by
Newly Registered

Visa application withdrawal without overstaying

Post by passing_by » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:54 pm

Dear forum members
I have applied in the UK for leave to remain before my valid leave expired (and this leave has now expired) and now I wish to withdraw this application and leave the UK due to abnormal decision delay in my case.
I applied with the new ukvcas service, so my passport is with me. I am happy to book the flight myself.
Could you please advise me on the best way to cancel the application and to leave the UK ASAP without being considered as an overstayer even for 1 hour? The online application form says:
If your leave has expired while you were awaiting a decision, you will become an overstayer on the date the application is withdrawn
The UKVI phone service agent told me that in case I leave the country without using this form or without notifying the HO of my intention to withdraw the application before leaving the country, will result in problems if I decide to come back to the UK in the future, so I wish to avoid such problems. However, withdrawing the application and being an overstayer (even for 1 hour) seems to be a problem as well. Is there a good choice in such a situation, other than waiting ages for the decision?

Thank you very much