ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application form query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Davin
Pakistan

Application form query

Post by Davin » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:29 pm

Hi, I am completing online application form 'Apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen'. There is this question

'Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?'

Does this refer to all the applications I have made in past 11/12 year starting from my very first application till ILR application?

Regards

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Re: Application form query

Post by romado » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:34 pm

Correct.

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Thank you for your response. I have two more questions please.

I know there is requirment to provode 2 references. 1 british national personal reference and one professional reference.
Do i need to use british national for professional reference as well?

I have option to use non british accountant or I have a friend who is a contractor and director of his own company which is VAT registered think. Can I use him for professional reference or non british accountant is better option?

Many Thanks

kautya

Post by kautya » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Davin wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:45 pm
Thank you for your response. I have two more questions please.

I know there is requirment to provode 2 references. 1 british national personal reference and one professional reference.
Do i need to use british national for professional reference as well?

I have option to use non british accountant or I have a friend who is a contractor and director of his own company which is VAT registered think. Can I use him for professional reference or non british accountant is better option?

Many Thanks
No, British national not required for professional reference.
You can use the company director. As long as the profession is on the approved list, there is no preferred option among those.

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:50 pm

Thank you very much for your help.

I have few more tiny queries:

1 - Exact dates are not know for previous applications and bio-metrics. Is it OK to use approximate month and year without day OR should I make a DSAR request to obtain this information from HO?

2 – Similarly for my previous jobs if I don’t remember exact start date, can I just use month and year or I need to obtain dates from employers?

3 - If my referees don’t live in the same town as I do, would it be acceptable?

Many Thanks

khlid77

Post by khlid77 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:13 pm

That question asking. (If known )
What i have done
I Mentioned all previous applications
With year and month only bacouse I didn't remember the the day .

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:23 pm

khlid77 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:13 pm
That question asking. (If known )
What i have done
I Mentioned all previous applications
With year and month only bacouse I didn't remember the the day .
That is true for previous applications but For previous jobs it requires a Day as well. Its not letting me proceed without a date so I guess I will have to contact all previous employers to get the start and end dates. I have Month and Year but cant remember the day.

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:22 pm

I was reading the guidance and different posts about being in the UK 5 years prior to application date. If I go through ILR (LR) route (ILR + 1 year) for citizenship, is it still the same rule? i,e being physically present in the UK 5 years prior to application date ?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Davin wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:22 pm
I was reading the guidance and different posts about being in the UK 5 years prior to application date. If I go through ILR (LR) route (ILR + 1 year) for citizenship, is it still the same rule? i,e being physically present in the UK 5 years prior to application date ?

Thanks
Yes.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Thanks for your response.

2 more questions please.

Trips outside UK section:

I was on holidays for 2 months. Do I need to mention deatils of all coutries I visited during that time or just Departure date form UK and Return date to UK. I went to Pakistan and then form Pakistan I went to KSA for 2 weeks. From KSA I went back to pakistan and then returned to UK from Pakistan.

2 - I have seen some posts about scanning all pages of passport but some have mentioned just pages with stamps on them. Which one is correct. Shall I scan all pages of all 3 passports I have ?

And what other documents I need to scan?
I guess my life in the UK test
ILR BRP
Uni Degree

Thanks for your help.

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:43 am

Hi

Can someone please help with first question.

Trips outside UK section:

I was on holidays for 2 months. Do I need to mention deatils of all coutries I visited during that time or just Departure date form UK and Return date to UK. I went to Pakistan and then form Pakistan I went to KSA for 2 weeks. From KSA I went back to pakistan and then returned to UK from Pakistan.

Just want to confirm if its enough to just mention exit and entry dates from UK.

Regards

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi can someone answer please if possible.

Many Thanks