ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA PR Holder Sponsoring a Child to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ayetoto
Newly Registered

Non EEA PR Holder Sponsoring a Child to UK

Post by Ayetoto » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:16 pm

Hello Everyone,

I sincerely need help on how to bring my child to UK.
Am Non EEA Permanent Residence Holder, I will like to know what process to bring my child to UK.

Am i still under EU Law or British Emigration Law.

Pls all the guru in the house....I sincerely need help to sort this out.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non EEA PR Holder Sponsoring a Child to UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:40 pm

As you are not an EU citizen, you cannot sponsor anyone under the eea EU route.

As you are divorced from your EU spouse and applied for RoR and PR on that basis, your only option is under the more expensive UK immigration rules if you want to sponsor a child who is under 18 years of age.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: Non EEA PR Holder Sponsoring a Child to UK

Post by Wise » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:56 pm

In addition to what CR001 posted.

Very important, you will need to establish that you are the biological father of that your son coming to the UK through a DNA report by the approved centre using by the consulate otherwise you will be push around for a while and wasted a lot of money. Also you will provide a consent letter from his mother if his age is under 18.

Good Luck
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.