ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR best route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alpha347
United Arab Emirates

ILR best route

Post by Alpha347 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:01 pm

Dear Mentors,

I came UK in Sep 2009.

Entrepreneurs first visa June 14
Entrepreneurs extension April 18 until April 20. My 2 others jobs of 12 months will be completed in March 19.

I believe that I am eligible for ILR on 10 years in Aug 19 and 5 years in May 19.

My questions are as follow.

1) Should I apply on 5 years route or 10 years? Which is the quietest? Is there same day service as my extension came after 10 months and I don’t wana stuck again?

2) Do I need maintenance for ILR?

3) I need to apply for wife visa, should I apply before or after ILR? I have enough earnings to cover £18600.

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR best route

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:11 am

1) Should I apply on 5 years route or 10 years? Which is the quietest? Is there same day service as my extension came after 10 months and I don’t wana stuck again?
Priority service available only for long residence. Long residence route may have adverse effect on your defendant's ability to get ILR
2) Do I need maintenance for ILR?
No
3) I need to apply for wife visa, should I apply before or after ILR? I have enough earnings to cover £18600.
How long your wife has been on the PBS dependat visa ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Alpha347
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alpha347 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:31 am

Hi Zima,

Thank you for answering the questions.

My wife is not in UK. I will be applying her visa first time.

1) Should I apply my wife visa before ILR or after?
2) ILR on average take 6 months, should I apply in May on 5 years or I should go for premier service in Aug?

Please give your suggestions

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:57 pm

1) Should I apply my wife visa before ILR or after?
Well if you apply now, she has to apply under PBS dependant route. If you wait until after your long residence ILR, she has to apply visa under spouse route. If she comes here under PBS and then you apply for ILR under long residence, she has to start her 5 year ILR qualifying period from scratch. To avoid that, you should wait and apply for ILR under Tier 1E route which means your ILR ends up being delayed. It is up to you really
2) ILR on average take 6 months, should I apply in May on 5 years or I should go for premier service in Aug?
ILR under long residence will not take that long. ILR under Tier 1E might take few months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Alpha347
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alpha347 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Zimba, thank you for wonderful advice.

Should I apply in May 19 and I can switch to long term in Aug 19 if no decision is made

Or I should wait until August and go for premium service.

I am looking for quickest option, can’t afford delays.

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:29 pm

Alpha347 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:01 pm
Zimba, thank you for wonderful advice.

Should I apply in May 19 and I can switch to long term in Aug 19 if no decision is made

Or I should wait until August and go for premium service.

I am looking for quickest option, can’t afford delays.

Thanks
No quick option unfortunately.
Either way you’ll have to wait.. atleast till July or August..
Tier1 decision turn around time was 3 months last year..
say you apply 28 days before ur qualifying period under tier1.. add atleast 3 months to it..
You can choose to vary on qualifying for LR if decision is not reached and probably go for priority decision at that point..

intrusive

Post by intrusive » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:17 am

@aman90 is it possible that after varying your application to ILR you can go to priority decision?? You have to vary your application via post. How do you go to priority application when you dont have all the documents and passport with you?