ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New UKVCAS service Document Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ramaya
Newly Registered
Mood:
Greece

New UKVCAS service Document Question

Post by Ramaya » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:55 am

Hi there,

I submitted my online application on 28/01/19, the payment was taken almost immediately and received confirmation that it is being considered on the 29/01/19, my UKVCAS appointment was on the 08/02/19.

My eligibility is EU citizen 5years + 1 year PR.

I submitted all my supporting documents online under the Optional section as the only mandatory document was my passport.

On the UKVCAS appointment they only checked my passport and that the documents I had submitted were accessible online. They did not even keep or checked the original copies of my referee forms.

They took my Bio-metric information and only asked me for my permission to submit my application.

I did not get a paper confirmation from them or an email that my documents are submitted is that a problem?

Should I had received a Bio metric permit immediately?

Also, they don't seem to care about any other document unless it is mandatory (in my case the passport only), even though the application clearly asks for supporting documents (referee forms, life in the UK Cert, Degree, P60's etc.). It is quite unsettling the way they approach it and just want to make sure there is no issues there. :|

skyscraper101

Re: New UKVCAS service Document Question

Post by skyscraper101 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:12 am

You don't get any confirmation when you leave the UKVCAS centre.

All they do is take biometrics, and scan anything which hasn't been already scanned beforehand. If you already scanned everything, then there'd have been no need for them to scan anything else. They don't keep any original documents.

We scanned some things in advance, but also took a heap of other paperwork there for them to scan because their scanning machines are better for bulk-scanning stuff than my home printer/scanner. In the end this was the best option.

Nevertheless, they still don't send you away with any confirmation at the end. You just wait and eventually they'll get back in touch with some confirmation of the application success.

skyscraper101

Post by skyscraper101 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:18 am

Also about them not being bothered about the supporting documents...

It's not their job to advise on anything regarding what you submit to scan. So (unhelpfully) they don't advise you on anything. When I took a batch of what was probably way too many supporting documents, I asked them if they wanted to just take what was necessary and they wouldn't say. They would only say that it was my decision what I choose or choose not to submit. So I just said, fine, submit everything.

It just creates more work for them, so in the end I just stood and watched some poor girl machine feeding a scanner for half an hour scanning all my necessary/unnecessary paperwork even though most of it was probably more than they needed. But better safe than sorry I thought.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:45 pm

Hi Skyscraper101,

Did you use document check service (35 GBP) or did you just use free service?

In order for them to upload applicant's document, do we need to by document check service or is this included in the free service?

Kind regards,

DG

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:50 pm

I had uploaded my documents myself so no charge but they check everything and if anything is not clear they will scan it themselves - didn't get charged. In my opinion paying them an additional £35 is a rip off as they will check the clarity of documents regardless. Just upload it using your office scanner or somewhere outside.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi Bookerw100,

Thanks for your reply. It is clear now. However, what if someone do not have scanner? Does this mean Sopra Steria staff will upload all the documents under the free service at the core visa centers?

Thanks,

DG

Katlancs
inactive

Post by Katlancs » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:50 pm

skyscraper101 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:12 am

All they do is take biometrics, and scan anything which hasn't been already scanned beforehand. If you already scanned everything, then there'd have been no need for them to scan anything else. They don't keep any original documents.

We scanned some things in advance, but also took a heap of other paperwork there for them to scan because their scanning machines are better for bulk-scanning stuff than my home printer/scanner. In the end this was the best option.

Nevertheless, they still don't send you away with any confirmation at the end. You just wait and eventually they'll get back in touch with some confirmation of the application success.
Out of curiosity, what scan quality did you use? Most people have said 300dpi but that creates files that are too large. Wondering what your experience was?

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:05 pm

dng_131 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:57 pm
Hi Bookerw100,

Thanks for your reply. It is clear now. However, what if someone do not have scanner? Does this mean Sopra Steria staff will upload all the documents under the free service at the core visa centers?

Thanks,

DG
maybe got to the local library to scan? Unfortunately I am not sure if they will scan it without the payment if you haven't uploaded anything. They scanned some of my stuff but I had already scanned most of my documents that I thought was needed.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:25 am

I tried to book an appointment at the local libraries but no luck. Next available appointments are after 2 weeks. Also, I tired to scan few documents but system is not supporting the document type even if they are .pdf, .jpeg or .png format. I will give it a go again to see if I can upload it again. I have managed to get an appointment at core center next week so I will find out if "Free" service is actually a free or not.

In your statement "Unfortunately I am not sure if they will scan it without the payment if you haven't uploaded anything." - To find out about this I have contacted Sopra Steria via an email using their contact us page. I am awaiting their reply. I will update here once I hear anything from them.

Thanks,

DG

skyscraper101

Post by skyscraper101 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:55 pm

Katlancs wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:50 pm
skyscraper101 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:12 am

Out of curiosity, what scan quality did you use? Most people have said 300dpi but that creates files that are too large. Wondering what your experience was?
I think I did 300dpi too. But then I had to use a website to reduce the file size - which didn't seem to affect the image too much. I can't recall the site but it was a google search 'pdf reduce file size' or something.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:12 pm

dng_131 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:25 am
I tried to book an appointment at the local libraries but no luck. Next available appointments are after 2 weeks. Also, I tired to scan few documents but system is not supporting the document type even if they are .pdf, .jpeg or .png format. I will give it a go again to see if I can upload it again. I have managed to get an appointment at core center next week so I will find out if "Free" service is actually a free or not.

In your statement "Unfortunately I am not sure if they will scan it without the payment if you haven't uploaded anything." - To find out about this I have contacted Sopra Steria via an email using their contact us page. I am awaiting their reply. I will update here once I hear anything from them.

Thanks,

DG
Hello Everyone,

Just an update. I visited Birmingham Sopra Steria last week and I booked free appointment. They did the biometric and they uploaded all the documents. I uploaded three documents but still they uploaded it again all for free.

Only concern is, I gave them total 26 different documents but on the UKVCS website it is just coming as 19 uploaded documents. They may have merged some document (I am not sure). On UKVCS website I can see documents being uploaded as 1,2,3 etc.