ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsors letter and financial evidence for fiancee visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

am2999
Newly Registered

Sponsors letter and financial evidence for fiancee visa

Post by am2999 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:32 am

Hi,
I and my fiancee will be making an application for a fiancee visa in the next couple of weeks and we just need a little clarification with a few things if anyone can help or has any suggestions please.

Firstly, I would like to know what kind of things you need to write in the sponsors letter (I am the sponsor in this case). Is it just a case of relationship details (how the relationship developed, how we maintained contact, future plans, etc) or do I need to include details of my finances, my accommodation, etc?

Secondly, I am a little concerned about the financial part of the application. Although I have a good, stable (14 years employment) and reasonably well paid job...savings/investments of around £6,000...I do have quite high outgoings (loans and credit card debts mainly) and little spare cash per month (maybe £100-£200). Will this be a problem? My fiancee does have savings of around the same amount too but will these be taken into consideration?

The other thing I am slightly concerned about is the fact my fiancee hasn't really any evidence of being employed much during the nearly 4 years of our relationship. In the start she was employed but had to give the job up for personal reasons. She then waited for some time without work as we were intending to apply for the visa earlier but I didn't have the conditions for her to come here (in terms of a place to live but mainly financial conditions) and so she then studied for 6 months/1 year for exams for a public job in her country but didn't get it. Since then I have supported her a little financially (before her parents were supporting her a little) and she has been teaching languages privately (all cash in hand work..so she has no proof of this) until recently when I now have all the financial conditions and other conditions necessary for her to come here and join me. Does anyone foresee any problems because she has not worked so much recently? As I said...financially we should be ok with our combined savings and I think she has reasonable job prospects here as she already as a good level of English and is well qualified (degree etc) in her own country. We have done some research into possible jobs here and she has identified a course she will do (which her dad will pay for as a wedding present) when she is here but without her actually being here it's difficult to get concrete job offers, etc.

I think that's all. Any help or advice on the above will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Andy - am2999

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:07 am

I don't think there really is a set list of things that need to be included as part of the sponsor's letter. When I wrote mine I used it to provide relationship details and any other useful information that couldn't be included within the application form.

Your finances should not be an issue especially as you have been providing support to your fiancee already and the amount of savings you have between you (the application form asks for the applicant's savings as well as the sponsor's savings).

The fact that your fiancee hasn't worked much isn't a problem at all. You mentioned about her working in the UK, though remember that she will not be able to work until after you have got married and she has applied for and been granted further leave to remain.