ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Sponsor

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

businessmanuk
Mood:

Parents Sponsor

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:11 pm

Can someone guide on what is the route for sponsoring parents for a British national and what is the financial requirements for it? What documents needed for it as well? Thanks

Casa

Re: Parents Sponsor

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:22 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:11 pm
Can someone guide on what is the route for sponsoring parents for a British national and what is the financial requirements for it? What documents needed for it as well? Thanks
You haven't confirmed whether you're referring to a visitor visa or settlement.

If you're hoping to sponsor your parents for an Adult Dependent visa, this route has been virtually closed since the Immigration Rules were tightened on the 9th July 2012. In order for an application to succeed, you would have to prove that BOTH of your parents need daily help with basic tasks such as bathing, dressing, preparing food etc, and that care is either unavailable in their home country, or is not affordable.

There have been only a few reports of ADV applications succeeding and most of these have either been following a long and expensive appeal through the Courts, or from countries such as the USA where the costs of care are considerably higher than in the UK.

You should bear in mind that if an application is refused, this will close the door for visitor visas in the future, due to the prior intention to settle. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:17 am

I was referring to a settlement visa - can this be applied while the sponsor being on the ILR or better being a British citizen?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:21 am

businessmanuk wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:17 am
I was referring to a settlement visa - can this be applied while the sponsor being on the ILR or better being a British citizen?
I suggest you read the links below. It is the most difficult visa to get and has an almost 100% refusal rate since the rules were tightened in July 2012, there have been very few successes after very lengthy and costly appeals. As Casa has mentioned, if you apply and it is refused, the door to any future visitor visas is also shut.

immigration-for-family-members/adult-de ... 87771.html

immigration-for-family-members/older-de ... 42420.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:13 pm

I am going through the Financial requirement on the new service on gov.uk site so was looking at the CASH SAVING option; can you please clarify how much cash do i need to show in order to quality for this financial requirement? Please check the table in the PDF file link and advise. Thanks

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ext_1_.pdf

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:18 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:13 pm
I am going through the Financial requirement on the new service on gov.uk site so was looking at the CASH SAVING option; can you please clarify how much cash do i need to show in order to quality for this financial requirement? Please check the table in the PDF file link and advise. Thanks

£62,500 if relying on purely cash route.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:22 pm

You do realise that the success rate of an adult dependent visa is very slim. If refused, it shuts the door to any future vissisot visas as well.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:22 pm
You do realise that the success rate of an adult dependent visa is very slim. If refused, it shuts the door to any future vissisot visas as well.
Sorry was meant to ask this under Spouse Sponsor not Parent - is it £62,500 cash for 6 months? What is the example showing £25,000 below which met the requirement for entry clearance?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:39 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:30 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:22 pm
Sorry was meant to ask this under Spouse Sponsor not Parent - is it £62,500 cash for 6 months? What is the example showing £25,000 below which met the requirement for entry clearance?

Please post the question in your spiuse visa topic and not in this one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)