ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILE to British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dharan001
Newly Registered
Nepal

ILE to British Citizenship

Post by Dharan001 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Hello. I am planning to apply for british citizenship as i have been in UK for more than 7 years on ILE visa. Only problem is, I was convicted for DUI last year. My ILE visa will expire on 2020, hence, how likely will my application be approved. If the chances of getting approval is really low then how long will I have to wait to apply again. And what other options are there for me as my VISA is expiring soon. Please do help if anyone knows about it. Thank you.

cryvate
Netherlands

Re: ILE to British Citizenship

Post by cryvate » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Dharan001 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 pm
Hello. I am planning to apply for british citizenship as i have been in UK for more than 7 years on ILE visa. Only problem is, I was convicted for DUI last year. My ILE visa will expire on 2020, hence, how likely will my application be approved. If the chances of getting approval is really low then how long will I have to wait to apply again. And what other options are there for me as my VISA is expiring soon. Please do help if anyone knows about it. Thank you.
If you have got Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE), it does not expire. The 'validity date' in your passport should be the same as the expiry date of your passport, however you can have your ILE re-confirmed in your new passport (if you are outside the UK) or get a BRP (if you are in the UK) as your Indefinite leave does not expire.