ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualifications Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jen__
Newly Registered

Qualifications Query

Post by jen__ » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:30 am

Hi,

I am just about to submit my application, but I have one last quick question.

For my qualifications, I have claimed 35 points (Masters) as I am a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.

I have got a letter from the Chartered Accountants Institute in England stating that Australian CA's are equivalent to British CA's and that their qualifications are equivalent to a masters, however I am a bit nervous that I won't get the 35 points for this, as I have heard of some people not getting full points for being a Chartered Accountant. Also - the NARIC letter that I have states that Chartered Accountant is only equivalent to a British Post Grad Diploma.

My question is, I have also submitted all of the required information for my Bachelors Degree - which would get me 30 points. Although I have claimed for 35 points, if the Home Office determine that it doesn't qualify for the Masters points, will they then consider my Bachelors degree and give me the 30 points?

Thanks very much in advance for your assistance.

ABPI
Newly Registered

Re: Qualifications Query

Post by ABPI » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:30 am

jen__ wrote:Hi,

I am just about to submit my application, but I have one last quick question.

For my qualifications, I have claimed 35 points (Masters) as I am a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.

I have got a letter from the Chartered Accountants Institute in England stating that Australian CA's are equivalent to British CA's and that their qualifications are equivalent to a masters, however I am a bit nervous that I won't get the 35 points for this, as I have heard of some people not getting full points for being a Chartered Accountant. Also - the NARIC letter that I have states that Chartered Accountant is only equivalent to a British Post Grad Diploma.

My question is, I have also submitted all of the required information for my Bachelors Degree - which would get me 30 points. Although I have claimed for 35 points, if the Home Office determine that it doesn't qualify for the Masters points, will they then consider my Bachelors degree and give me the 30 points?

Thanks very much in advance for your assistance.
Dear jen__

1. If the NARIC letter that you have states that a CA = PGD, then, I doubt you will be awarded 35 points for the same. In this case a letter, from the Chartered Acc Institute of England has little value, as associations do tend to exaggerate their qualifications.
2. If you are scoring well (I mean 45 in the other attributes), I would suggest use your bachelors. Remember the cut off point for attributes is 75. Any score above that, no matter how impressive it looks, fetches the same result.
3. Re HO awarding 30 points for your Bachelors in case they don't award 35 points to your CA, is risky. Please have a look at the T 1 form, there is no provison for such a thing, as you basically state the qualification you are claiming for.

Best of luck.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:13 am

Same Isuue with ACCA

ANY ONE have expereince with ACCA (Member)
how many points were claimed

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:22 am

HEY guys

i think think this post might help u lot

Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system policy guidance
19 May 2008

Normally, when applying to Tier 1 (General) and claiming points for a professional qualification, we require applicants to show that they hold a qualification that is recognised by UKNARIC as being equivalent to a UK degree at either Bachelor, Masters or PHD level. They may also need to show this to claim points for UK Experience for initial applications.

However, at this time UKNARIC is unable to verify the full range of professional qualifications. We have therefore put transitional arrangements in place for establishing the level of professional qualifications that are not included on the self-assessment tool.

If applicants are unable to find their professional qualification on the self-assessment tool we will instead accept an original letter from the appropriate UK professional body confirming their qualification is equivalent to a UK degree at either Bachelor, Masters or PHD level.

This letter must be original, on the official letter-headed paper or stationery of the appropriate UK professional body. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation.

The letter from the UK professional body must confirm:

The name of the qualification including the country and awarding body;
Which UK academic level it is equivalent to; and
A named contact within the appropriate UK professional body.
For applicants extending their leave under Tier1 from a preceding period of HSMP leave, we do not need a letter of equivalency from a professional body as outlined above if the applicant is claiming points for a professional qualification that we have previously accepted as equivalent to UK degree level or above.

Please note that professional qualifications can not be used to claim points under the English Language Proficiency requirement.

ABPI
Newly Registered

Post by ABPI » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:57 am

Dear All

If the qualification has already been appraised by NARIC, as Jen_ writes, this course of action would be risky.
Also - the NARIC letter that I have states that Chartered Accountant is only equivalent to a British Post Grad Diploma.
Best regards.