ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Date Clarification and Proof of Living in the UK Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nicbrit
Newly Registered
United States of America

Application Date Clarification and Proof of Living in the UK Query

Post by nicbrit » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Hi All -

Thankful for this board! I have two questions that I haven't been able to get full clarify so hoping someone can help.

FYI - I am non-EEA, ILR since June 2017 (previous Tier 2 General for 6 years)

1) Application Date - I submitted my app on 6th Feb @ 9pm GMT. I assumed the date which I applied and submitted (if done before 11:59pm GMT) to HO would start my period for applying (and the 5 year residency requirement) but received an email confirm from HO the next morning (7th Feb). I'm now worried on which day they will consider as a start to my 5 year residency requirement? Does HO consider my actual submission date (6th Feb...therefore 7th Feb 2014) or when they sent confirm (7th Feb....therefore 8th Feb 2014) as my application date for my 5 year period? I ask for clarity because I flew from UK to Switzerland on 8th Feb 2014 (10am) and returned on 9th Feb 2104. Can someone please clarify on which date of my 5 year residence requirement will start from their understanding/experience? Also, as I was in UK but flew out on 8th Feb 2014, would this not be considered as me not being physically in the UK (not sure if it's whole days considered)?

2) Proof of Living in the UK - I have my current US passport from Apr 2016 and my previous (expired) US passport to show 5 year period stamp entries is at my parent's house in the US. Could I provide any thing else to show evidence of my proof in UK - my UKVCAS appointment is on Tues so not enough time to receive it in mail. I've just searched the board but not clear what else (if anything I can provide except for my old passport). Similar to EEA, can I just provide P60s from 2014 -2018 and payslips from April 2018 to Jan 2019 (instead of copies of my old passport) to show Proof of Living in UK? Or is there anything else I can provide? I've applied for a letter from my job to verify my employment since 2011 to present but not sure it will arrive in enough time. (As a last result, I can ask my father to copy, scan, email pages but it will be a lot of work to talk him through how to do this as he is not familiar with the technology, so hoping for another alternative which can work as well?)

shankar981
Mood:

Re: Application Date Clarification and Proof of Living in the UK Query

Post by shankar981 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:00 pm

1) The date of payment (06-Feb) is the date of the application. Therefore, you must be good. Besides, when I completed the application form online, it was clearly stated that date of exit and date of entry need not be counted as absence since you were present in the UK on both the dates. Your trip to Switzerland may not even be considered as absence, IMO.

2) Passports are good enough. There is no point in providing addition documentation when it is not required. This is what the online application form stated, when describing about the documents required.

"If you are an Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the past 5 years (3 years if you are married to, or the partner of, a British Citizen).

If you do not have your passport, or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include the letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK."

nicbrit
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Application Date Clarification and Proof of Living in the UK Query

Post by nicbrit » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:12 pm

Thanks Shankar981 for responding.

1) I figured the same but nervous because of the confirmation email. I hope that is the case and that it doesn't count. It's just their so explicit regarding being physically in the country 5 years prior, so thought it would be best to check.

2) Yes, I saw that but guess my question is can/(should I) provide something other than my passports since I do not have copies of my old passport to hand. Is my P60s and bank statements proof of residence eventhought I'm non EEA?