ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajnikanth
Newly Registered

Apply for Citizenship

Post by rajnikanth » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:08 pm

hi All i need some help i have been given ILR recently and my route was British Spouse

Now i am thinking to apply Citizenship but my wife submitted Divorce last week and she is not supporting me any further what is my options ?

do i have to waite 12 months and apply with divorce certificate or i can apply now and explain that i am seperated as i lived with british spouse more than 3 years do i qualify or i waite please advice

thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Apply for Citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:54 am

Once you are divorced you cannot apply immediately anymore and have to wait for the 12 months post-ILR. As you are still married but separated (?) you could apply now, but your wife needs to provide copy of her British passport and the marriage certificate.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rajnikanth
Newly Registered

Post by rajnikanth » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:54 pm

thanx for reply much appreciated i do have passport copy of my wife passport and also marriage certificate but i dont have all the passport pages copy as postal application required wife full passport copies including all pages

also one more question is 12months period count from ILR approval date or divorce date ?
to apply citizenship without my wife help

please reply seniors i am new here thanx

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Post by romado » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:49 pm

ILR approval date.