ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa For Mom

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rathoreajay
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa For Mom

Post by rathoreajay » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:01 pm

Hi Friends,

I am a British Citizen and looking to bring my mom to UK for a couple of months on a visitor visa, she lives in India. I will be taking care of all the expenses during her trip. I would appreciate if someone can tell me what sort of documents are required for the visa. I have read some where that I would need to provide a document stating that I will be sponsoring her trip, if true then what is the reuired format of such document?
I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Ajay

Justlorde
India

Re: Visitor Visa For Mom

Post by Justlorde » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi Ajay,

When I apply for my parents visa, I usually give them a copy of my passport and ILR (not necessary/applicable in your case) along with a letter stating you will be responsible for all expenses and not become reliant on government and all that.

Suggest you can also include your payslip and ask them to take travel insurance (doesn't cost much in india, and can get it online)

think that should do it, along with completed application and all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:48 pm

They also need to provide substantial information to prove their ties to home country (social, employment, property, family etc etc).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pranab0077

Post by pranab0077 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:27 am

In that case, if someone sponsors their parents, do their parents need to submit their bank statement.
a)If parents need to submit the bank statement, how many months of bank statement do they need to submit

b) I want to sponsor my parents, but my mom transfers a large amount recently from her account to her brother as she gave it as a loan.

c) will the transaction be a problem even though I fully sponsor my parents

Actually, they were previously refused as they showed them financially responsible for their travel in previous applications. This time, I wanna take the full responsibility to sponsor them.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:04 am

pranab0077 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:27 am
In that case, if someone sponsors their parents, do their parents need to submit their bank statement.
a)If parents need to submit the bank statement, how many months of bank statement do they need to submit

b) I want to sponsor my parents, but my mom transfers a large amount recently from her account to her brother as she gave it as a loan.

c) will the transaction be a problem even though I fully sponsor my parents

Actually, they were previously refused as they showed them financially responsible for their travel in previous applications. This time, I wanna take the full responsibility to sponsor them.
Please continue in your own topic. Tagging onto the end of member's thread not only causes confusion but is unfair to the other member.
general-uk-immigration-forum/bank-trans ... 75372.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.