ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 - Qualifying qualification

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AT123456
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Tier 2 General

Post by AT123456 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:26 pm

Hello,

I wanted to get advice of tier 2 General.ill appreciate if anyone can give me thier expert opinion/advice on the following questions

I have done ACCA and currently im full active member. Its equivalent to UK master level 7 according to uknaric.
Question: is this qualification suffient enough to be be able to meet the qualification criteria??

srsw

Re: Tier 2 General

Post by srsw » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:21 pm

It depends on the job soc code and the qualifications required for the same.

Do you have a job offer/COS? If so, let us know the soc code mentioned in the COS.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:31 pm

AT123456 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:26 pm
Hello,

I wanted to get advice of tier 2 General.ill appreciate if anyone can give me thier expert opinion/advice on the following questions

I have done ACCA and currently im full active member. Its equivalent to UK master level 7 according to uknaric.
Question: is this qualification suffient enough to be be able to meet the qualification criteria??
Did you mean sufficient enough to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2?

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Doesn't matter if you are switching from Tier 4 or applying Tier 2 directly. The qualification requirements are based on job and under which SOC code they fall under.

Have a look at the soc codes your potential job may fall under and the qualifications requirements here...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:46 pm

srsw wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:45 pm
Doesn't matter if you are switching from Tier 4 or applying Tier 2 directly. The qualification requirements are based on job and under which SOC code they fall under.

Have a look at the soc codes your potential job may fall under and the qualifications requirements here...

It does matter if switching from Tier 4, because if ACCA is not a degree, even it's equivalent to level 7, he cannot switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2.

AT123456
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by AT123456 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:04 am

Thank you for your replies

Well im going to apply directly not switching from tier 4.
Soc code is 2421 chartered and certified accountant.
Right now im working remotely and my employer is tier2 registered and willing to sponsor me.

Question: Does Acca membership meet the qualification criteria for soc code 2421 or degree from university is must???

AT123456
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by AT123456 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:48 am

UKLL wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:46 pm
srsw wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:45 pm

It does matter if switching from Tier 4, because if ACCA is not a degree, even it's equivalent to level 7, he cannot switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2.
Thank you for your replies. Im going to apply directly not swtiching from tier 4.
SOC code is 2421 chartered and certified accountant.
MY QUESTION :
Does ACCA membership / Qualification meet the qualification criteria for this specific soc code OR a degree from university is must??????

AT123456
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

TIER 2 - Qualifying qualification

Post by AT123456 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:35 pm

Hello

Id really appreciate if some one can give their expert advice on the followings

IS ACCA( Association of chartered certified accountants) which is a professional qualification not a degree, meet the criteria for the qualification for SOC CODE 2421 Chartered and certified accountants.

Please note the application is going to be made in Pakistan for entry clearance, its not switching from tier 4 to tier 2.

Also just to let you know ACCA is Level 7 as per UKNARIC its equivalent to UK Masters degree

Question 1: Does ACCA qualification would be considered as relevant or a university degree is must.
Question 2: Do I have to do IELTS ?? Or there won't be a need since ACCA exams are in English.

Thank You

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: TIER 2 - Qualifying qualification

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:06 am

Are you a full ACCA member? In other words are you able to call yourself a charted accountant? You will have a certificate from ACCA that states you are a full member.

If you have not undertaken your professional assessment and your minimum 2 years supervised practice then you are not a chartered accountant.

If you are not a chartered or certified accountant you can not use SOC 2421.

As for the rest of your query - passing the ACCA papers prior to supervised practice and the award of charteship alothough is considered RQF 6/7 it is not a degree. But as you are not in the UK switching from say their 4 to Tier 2 it does not matter.

As for SELT - you will have to provide the certificate because you were not awarded a degree while in the UK nor were you taught at an English language university outside the UK.

One other point - your employer will have had to have done the RLMT - did it state anything about being part qualified or fully qualified?

AT123456
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by AT123456 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:49 am

Thank you for your reply I have over 5years of experience in accountancy as well as that I'm fully qualified chartered certified accountant being an active ACCA member.
Yes I do have certification stating my membership status.

Even though I'm fully qualified ACCA do I still have to sit for IELTS for UKVI and score minimum of B1 at each level.

Advert is for qualified accountant.

Looking forward
AT

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:11 am

You will have to gain your IELTS at the required level.

AT123456
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by AT123456 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:45 am

Thank you for your reply.

I have a question in relation to IELTS Exam.

Which of the followings you reckon Id have to sit for

1 IELTS For UKVI ( ACADEMIC )
OR
2 IELTS For UKVI ( General )

Looking forward,
AT

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:53 am

2 IELTS For UKVI ( General )
This one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AT123456
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by AT123456 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Thank You so much.

Regards,
AT :D