ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Thrashold

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kamozzi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Norway

Salary Thrashold

Post by kamozzi » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:29 pm

HI there,

I would like your help in a question regarding Salary threshold of £18600 when applying for British Spouse visa.
does the person has to earn this amount (£18600) in 12 months past or can he applies in 6 months earning £9300 to date. He is in permanent employment.

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
K

Alam-
Mood:

Re: Salary Thrashold

Post by Alam- » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:36 pm

£9300 for 6 months, 26 weeks, with same employer.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:49 pm

The annual salary needs to be no less than £18,600.

If you’ve been with same employer and earning the same amount which is atleast £18,600, you would need to provide last 6 months salary slips + 6 months bank statements showing the same amounts paid.

Yes the total of the 6 payslips would be £9,300 but that is academic.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:29 am

I do not understand the use of the word academic in this context.

A person could have variable earnings in the 6 months and they will still qualify.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:56 am

Obie wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:29 am
A person could have variable earnings in the 6 months and they will still qualify.
I am not entirely certain of that, Obie. I think that if the earnings are variable, they need to provide 12 months worth of earnings proof. Only if they are salaried (with a regular fixed income) is 6 months proof of earnings required. However, I am not certain on this point and am open to being corrected.

To the OP, are either you or your spouse Norwegian or from another EEA member-state, as indicated by the flag on your profile?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:04 am

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:56 am
Obie wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:29 am
I am not entirely certain of that, Obie. I think that if the earnings are variable, they need to provide 12 months worth of earnings proof. Only if they are salaried (with a regular fixed income) is 6 months proof of earnings required. However, I am not certain on this point and am open to being corrected.

To the OP, are either you or your spouse Norwegian or from another EEA member-state, as indicated by the flag on your profile?
Well that is the correct legal position. For CAT A you have salaried and non-salaried (variable income) category.

That should not be confused with CAT B, which is designed to enable individual who have been in a job for less than 12 months to aggregate their entire year earning, provided they are in a current job that pays them 18,600 a year.

Cat A variable earning people can aggregate their 26 weeks wages, then divide by 6 and multiply by 12, to determine if the meet the threshold.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kamozzi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Norway

Post by kamozzi » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:23 am

Thanks everyone.