ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder sing Eind PR - Appeals

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newbieholland

Surinder sing Eind PR - Appeals

Post by newbieholland » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:37 pm

Has any one here won or have links for appeals won against the HO on the basis of SS and EIND combined, after the immigration rule 9 has been introduced in 2016. There have been a couple of people here who had appealed against HO on EIND grounds , do they have any updates so far?

What are the grounds one can fight based on EIND decision not being overwritten by O&B case and actually is an error on HOs side for not implementing EIND into the immgration rules effectively? Why is the BC qualified person on return regardless of their activities in the UK?

Any help would e appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
"The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining."

mkhan2525

Re: Surinder sing Eind PR - Appeals

Post by mkhan2525 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:27 pm

The HO view is that Eind is still a relevent factor however BC must still exercise a treaty right in order for the Directive to apply by anology.
I can confirm that the Home Office does not hold any recorded information about any decision to reverse any previous approach relating to the Eind judgment.The approach has always been consistent and it was only for the most recent regulations changes that this was clarified.

By way of explanation, in paragraph 39 of Eind, the CJEU emphasised that “That right [to return without being made to be economically active] remains subject to the conditions laid down in Article 10(1)(a) of Regulation (EEC) No 1612/68, which apply by analogy.”

Paragraph 61 of the CJEU cases of O and S(C-456/12 and C-457/12) reaffirmed the application of Regulation 1612/68 and Directive 2004/38/EC (‘the Free Movement Directive’)“ by analogy” so our view is that, although Eind prevents Member States from requiring returning nationals to be exercising a particular type of Treaty right, the Union citizen must still exercise a Treaty right for the Directive to apply by analogy.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1

I agree, it would be interested to hear from others who have appealed sucessfully or unsucessfully on the basis of Eind still being relevent.

I will share my exerience. When my Mrs application for an RC was refused last year, HO also refused on the basis that I BC was not a qualified person on return even though I had provided the evidence with the application. The FTT judge ruled that it was unlawful to ask for that information in light of Eind and UTT judgment Surinder Singh Spouse Morocco. HO did not appeal further.

newbieholland

Post by newbieholland » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:30 am

mkhan2525 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:27 pm
The HO view is that Eind is still a relevent factor however BC must still exercise a treaty right in order for the Directive to apply by anology.
I can confirm that the Home Office does not hold any recorded information about any decision to reverse any previous approach relating to the Eind judgment.The approach has always been consistent and it was only for the most recent regulations changes that this was clarified.

By way of explanation, in paragraph 39 of Eind, the CJEU emphasised that “That right [to return without being made to be economically active] remains subject to the conditions laid down in Article 10(1)(a) of Regulation (EEC) No 1612/68, which apply by analogy.”

Paragraph 61 of the CJEU cases of O and S(C-456/12 and C-457/12) reaffirmed the application of Regulation 1612/68 and Directive 2004/38/EC (‘the Free Movement Directive’)“ by analogy” so our view is that, although Eind prevents Member States from requiring returning nationals to be exercising a particular type of Treaty right, the Union citizen must still exercise a Treaty right for the Directive to apply by analogy.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1

I agree, it would be interested to hear from others who have appealed sucessfully or unsucessfully on the basis of Eind still being relevent.

I will share my exerience. When my Mrs application for an RC was refused last year, HO also refused on the basis that I BC was not a qualified person on return even though I had provided the evidence with the application. The FTT judge ruled that it was unlawful to ask for that information in light of Eind and UTT judgment Surinder Singh Spouse Morocco. HO did not appeal further.
Do you have any links to these judgments? I am appealing against HO on the basis of EIND and any links, references would be helpful

newbieholland

Post by newbieholland » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:33 am

Just an update to my previous posts for the people in similar situation and all the experts on the forum.

So I finally got a date set to meet HO at FTT and currently preparing for my appeal. What grounds/ case laws , references can I use for this appeal which is purely based on SS and Eind. Any help would be appreciated.