ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language Certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sridharsatyan
Newly Registered

English language Certificate

Post by sridharsatyan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi All,
I think it is too late to ask this question now however my wife made an naturalisation application this January under spouse of British Citizen and she did not submit the English language certificate.
I just happened to look at the online document checklist and this document wasn't stipulated as a supporting evidence doc and we chose to ignore. Apparently UKVCAS never question about this document too!
My spouse came here on Tier1 and she did submit this document during ILR as part of 5 year route.

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts if our application will be successful?

Thanks
Sridhar

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Re: English language Certificate

Post by jgreen6123 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:21 pm

sridharsatyan wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:10 pm
Hi All,
I think it is too late to ask this question now however my wife made an naturalisation application this January under spouse of British Citizen and she did not submit the English language certificate.
I just happened to look at the online document checklist and this document wasn't stipulated as a supporting evidence doc and we chose to ignore. Apparently UKVCAS never question about this document too!
My spouse came here on Tier1 and she did submit this document during ILR as part of 5 year route.

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts if our application will be successful?

Thanks
Sridhar
Why don't you just upload it and send a covering letter? If it's not acceptable for naturalisation then I would urge your spouse to book herself in for a test asap and once the certificate is received, explain the misunderstanding to the HO.

sridharsatyan
Newly Registered

Post by sridharsatyan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:33 pm

Hello, What test/certificate are you referring to?
Interestingly HO hasn’t reached out to us either for missing documents.

sridharsatyan
Newly Registered

Post by sridharsatyan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:45 pm

I think I made out what you were referring to, I do have the testpass certificate issued from trinity college. Can someone in this group help me with the postal and email address?

Thanks

shankar981
Mood:

Post by shankar981 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:06 pm

Same was the case with my wife's application.
We answered Yes to "Have you met the requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013?" and we weren't asked to provide any supporting documents for English language. Therefore we did not provide it.

We applied in Jan through UKVCAS and received the approval in Feb.
No additonal documents were requested by HO.