ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alijawad786
Mood:

CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY

Post by alijawad786 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi all,
I received the letter my application is approved with rest of my supporting documents and passport on 21st Feb.

22nd Feb i received another letter asking me to contact local authority to book ceremony appointment. i rang Staffordshire Council and i was told i dont need to book an appointment they will automaticallly send me a letter in post with next available appointment?

the actual cermony invitation from home office says that i need to contact local authority and book an appoitment?

confused please shed some light?

thanks
Ali J/-\\/\//-\D

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Re: CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY

Post by johnhkg » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:04 pm

alijawad786 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:17 pm
Hi all,
I received the letter my application is approved with rest of my supporting documents and passport on 21st Feb.

22nd Feb i received another letter asking me to contact local authority to book ceremony appointment. i rang Staffordshire Council and i was told i dont need to book an appointment they will automaticallly send me a letter in post with next available appointment?

the actual cermony invitation from home office says that i need to contact local authority and book an appoitment?

thanks
Your letter says "contact the local authority within 21 days." When I did this they had already included me in the next available public ceremony. I'm not sure if they intended to send me a letter about this. Instead I asked for an urgent, private ceremony, which they booked for me.

alijawad786
Mood:

Re: CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY

Post by alijawad786 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:23 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:04 pm
alijawad786 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:17 pm
Hi all,

thanks
Your letter says "contact the local authority within 21 days." When I did this they had already included me in the next available public ceremony. I'm not sure if they intended to send me a letter about this. Instead I asked for an urgent, private ceremony, which they booked for me.

the problem is they are only saying we will send you a new letter from Councils Registrar to confirm your appoitment. but on the other end they are saying they dont book any appoitment over the phone and i need to wait.
Ali J/-\\/\//-\D