ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after naturalisation ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Travel after naturalisation ceremony

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi

Has anyone here travelled on their ILR BRP and foreign passport after attending naturalization ceremony. Now I know there's a potential fine of£1000 if BRP is not returned , but I wonder if anyone has done this recently and have had any issues at the border?

cheers

shankar981
Mood:

Re: Travel after naturalisation ceremony

Post by shankar981 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:41 pm

Now that naturalisation is sorted out, are you trying to experiment things that you wouldn't have done otherwise? Why dont you wait for the British Passport?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:51 pm

Once you are a British citizen, you cannot be refused entry into the UK, but the BRP could be impounded at the airport or port by the Border Force Immigration Officers.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:49 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:51 pm
Once you are a British citizen, you cannot be refused entry into the UK, but the BRP could be impounded at the airport or port by the Border Force Immigration Officers.
That’s an interesting thread. Doesn’t seem like fine was in place at that time.
You are right one can’t be refused entry at the border maybe some delays at worst.
Interestingly having looked at the passport timelines people seem to be getting their British passport within 10 days..