ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship and documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

a366d
Newly Registered
Cayman Islands

British Citizenship and documents

Post by a366d » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:54 pm

Hi,

I have related question if I could hijack this thread. Does any of the following facts could exempt me from getting a Naric AQUALS/ELPS? This is for citizenship application (AN).

a) I took the Life in the UK test in early Feb 2013 and got ILR in Dec 2013. This means my ILR was granted after 28th October 2013, the cut off date, although the LIUK test was taken earlier. The wording is ambiguous here, AFAIK.

b) I came through Tier 1 General route which required and allowed me to satisfy the English Language requirement with my degree certificates. I still have a PBS calculator output from my earlier applications.

c) "Guide AN Naturalisation as a British citizen" (dated Dec 2018) says the following. "If you have a B1 level qualification that was accepted for the purposes of a settlement application, then you do not need to pass another English language test for your citizenship application." Would they consider my successful application for ILR and Tier -1 General, which had already taken my English taught 4 year bachelor degree program, as proof of my English language skills.

They may or may not. The whole NARIC thing looks repetition of the earlier process, and meant to exploit. After all what are immigrants for!

aa

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Re: British Citizenship and documents

Post by johnhkg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:37 am

a366d wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:54 pm
Hi,

I have related question if I could hijack this thread. Does any of the following facts could exempt me from getting a Naric AQUALS/ELPS? This is for citizenship application (AN).

a) I took the Life in the UK test in early Feb 2013 and got ILR in Dec 2013. This means my ILR was granted after 28th October 2013, the cut off date, although the LIUK test was taken earlier. The wording is ambiguous here, AFAIK.

b) I came through Tier 1 General route which required and allowed me to satisfy the English Language requirement with my degree certificates. I still have a PBS calculator output from my earlier applications.

c) "Guide AN Naturalisation as a British citizen" (dated Dec 2018) says the following. "If you have a B1 level qualification that was accepted for the purposes of a settlement application, then you do not need to pass another English language test for your citizenship application." Would they consider my successful application for ILR and Tier -1 General, which had already taken my English taught 4 year bachelor degree program, as proof of my English language skills.

They may or may not. The whole NARIC thing looks repetition of the earlier process, and meant to exploit. After all what are immigrants for!

aa
a) The LITUK test is valid indefinitely, the 2013 cut off date refers to the English test at B1 level which since then has a two-year validity

c) the easy solution is to take the B1 test, it costs £150 and I believe you will pass with flying colours