ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after divorce help needed please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Deep1985
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Naturalisation after divorce help needed please

Post by Deep1985 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:14 pm

Dear all beautiful Souls,

I am about to apply for my naturalisation application soon and I have few doubts about it . I would really be grateful for any help and advice you provide.

Ok so i have had my ILR for more than a year now and going to apply my naturalisation soon.
However my problem is, few months after I got my ILR me and my wife got divorced even though our marriage was a genuine one.
I am so distressed right now as my ex wife neither wants to give me any of her documents nor our marrigae certificate and she doesnt even want to help with anything related to my application and also she has threatned me that if i call her again she would report to the HO that I am harrasing her.

So please help me

My questions are

1. Would there be a problem when I apply for naturalisation? If yes then what problems would I face?

2. Do I need to submit my wife’s documents eg. Her passport or marriage certificate?

3. what should I mention in my application with regards to my ex wife’s details eg. Her address, her british citizen reference number etc ?

I spent 6 years in total in the uk( 5 years holding a spouse visa and 1 year with ILR )

Thank you for you kind information and your time

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation after divorce help needed please

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:17 pm

1. Would there be a problem when I apply for naturalisation? If yes then what problems would I face?
Not an issue or problem as you are applying in your own right.
2. Do I need to submit my wife’s documents eg. Her passport or marriage certificate?
No as you are no longer married.
3. what should I mention in my application with regards to my ex wife’s details eg. Her address, her british citizen reference number etc ?
Nothing if your select 'divorced' and it doesn't ask for any details. If it asks, state the details and if you don't have them, state that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Deep1985
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Deep1985 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:23 pm

Oh my god, this is the fastest reply i have ever had

But at the same time your replies armre so comforting as it has removed a lot of burden from my heart

Thanks alot CR001, may God bless you

One more question,

Do I need to provide HO with my divorce certificate or anything related to my marriage or divorce along with my naturalisation application please?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:26 pm

Do I need to provide HO with my divorce certificate or anything related to my marriage or divorce along with my naturalisation application please?
No. Simply state in the form that you are divorced.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Deep1985
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Deep1985 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:31 pm

Thanks alot again CR001

Ok So I will start my application now and will keep updating here with

Thank you 😊

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:38 pm

You're welcome
Char (CR001 not Casa)

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:13 pm

Deep1985 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:23 pm
Oh my god, this is the fastest reply i have ever had

But at the same time your replies armre so comforting as it has removed a lot of burden from my heart

Thanks alot CR001, may God bless you

One more question,

Thank you
Just to confirm from my own experience. The online form will ask for details of past marriage(s). You basically need to enter the former spouse's name, nationality, date of birth, date and location of marriage, date and location of end of marriage and the reason (i.e. death, divorce). You do not need to provide any documentary evidence of this.

Deep1985
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Deep1985 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:18 pm

Thank you johnhkg

I will keep that in mind

Nusratali786
Pakistan

Post by Nusratali786 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:02 am

Ive sent my divorce certificate with my application anyway. They didnt asked for it but still i thought its better to send them

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:50 am

Nusratali786 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:02 am
Ive sent my divorce certificate with my application anyway. They didnt asked for it but still i thought its better to send them
It wasn't necessary at all. You have potentially complicated your application and created confusion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Nusratali786
Pakistan

Post by Nusratali786 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:50 am
Nusratali786 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:02 am
It wasn't necessary at all. You have potentially complicated your application and created confusion.
I was arrested on false domestic abuse charge in the past because of my ex wife as she lied to the police and got me arrested . When i had SAR record it was mention on almost every page that i was arrested and then was released without charge . In divorce i had to prove to the judge that my ex was not of a good chracter to get divorce . Thats y i thought its good to send them my divorce certificate to prove that ibgot divorce on solid grounds

Deep1985
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Deep1985 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:50 am

@nusratali786 sorry to hear about your experience