ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Uploading Document for British Citizensahip.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Djeefn
Newly Registered

UKVCAS Uploading Document for British Citizensahip.

Post by Djeefn » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:47 am

Hi can anyone help with this I am using the new UKVCAS Uploading service, I am in the middle of uploading the required documents but I am confused with the categories of which each document is meant to be uploaded and which is optional and mandatory there is no clear indication can anyone help?

Here are the section for uploading:

Other

Residence in the UK

Finances

Proof of Business

Life Events

Medical Information

Sponsors / Employment

Proof of Identity / Travel History

Educational

Proof of Application

Thanks in advance.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Re: UKVCAS Uploading Document for British Citizensahip.

Post by johnhkg » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:20 am

Djeefn wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:47 am
Hi can anyone help with this I am using the new UKVCAS Uploading service, I am in the middle of uploading the required documents but I am confused with the categories of which each document is meant to be uploaded and which is optional and mandatory there is no clear indication can anyone help?

Here are the section for uploading:

Other

Residence in the UK

Finances

Proof of Business

Life Events

Medical Information

Sponsors / Employment

Proof of Identity / Travel History

Educational

Proof of Application

Thanks in advance.
It's not possible to answer your query without knowing what route you are using to naturalisation and what documents are on the list as requested by UKVI.

Djeefn
Newly Registered

Post by Djeefn » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:47 am

Hi,

The route i have taken is I have applied through Gov.com through the online application system once I paid for the application I was taken this website:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal

I followed the simple instruction to set up an account and then booked a Biometric appointment and have my documents checked for British citizenship naturalisation. On the website it says I need to upload the documents I will be bringing which are:

1. 2 Referees signed forms.

2. Graded Examination in Spoken English - speaking and listening Entry 3.

3. Immigration Status Document - Leave to enter or remain in the UK, Including letter of confirmation proving Grant of indefinite leave to enter/remain.

5. Marriage certificate - evidence that I am Married to a British citizen.

6. Proof of living in the UK - 2 letters from employer providing details of me working and living in the UK.
1 letter from my former college with details of me having studied there. They required 3 years evidence since I am Married to a UK citizen.

7. Life in the UK test pass notification letter.

8. My wife's passport with every page scanned.

This is the evidence they required I need to know which category to put them in when I am uploading.

Thanks.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:39 am

Djeefn,

You make no mention of your passport. Do you not have one?

Djeefn
Newly Registered

Post by Djeefn » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi no I don't have one I came in the UK seeking refuge at the age of 10 years of age in 2002, along with my mum and brother.

I only have the leave to remain document.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:18 pm

OK, understood.

So, what happened in my case was the UKVCAS site indicated to me that "Proof of application" is my passport scan. This I uploaded under that heading. All other documents I uploaded under the "Other" section.

Some people have selected options in that list for their scans, such as P60s, employer letters etc under "proof o0f residence." I don't think it makes any difference - my application has already been approved. If there is a problem, UKVCAS will change it during your interview. So don't worry.

ilrmumbai
India

Post by ilrmumbai » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:39 pm

if you have booked appointment with one of their enhanced service points. no need to upload yourself.

On appointment day they will take your Biometric & scan upload the documents.

I have also submitted my application on 27 Feb & booked appointment for 11 March in London (enhanced service centre)

ssbarnea
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ssbarnea » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:55 am

What “optional” documents are needed to provide and upload for an EU/EEA citizen? — assume permanent residence alteady done, and not married to british citizen.

The categories from UKVCAS are totally undocumented by the official gov.uk “AN” documents.

There is a category about documents about in/out UK which I suspect they want plane tickets? kinda insane to provide them for 5 years, I got 30 visits outside most of them life weekend breaks, I documented them clear in the form and duration requirements are met without any questions. Still, do I need to print 60 pages or more of email confirmations? I have almost no stamps in the passport, like most EU citizens.

What is the finance section? Should I print bank statements, how many if them?

On the other hand I remeber that they wrote clearly that for proofing that I lived in UK they do not accept bank statements and utility bills - only letters from employers, edu, and government. I have all P60s with no employment gap for 5 years, also letter from current employer. Do I need extra letters from previous employers or not really? (count take ages for some to provide one).

How many payslips should I attach in addition to P60? is 3 per year enough or should I print all? lucky for me they are all digital so I have them.

Another issue I found was that the UKVCAS seems to accept bookings only for Croydon despite that they list multiple centers like Norwich and Ipswich. When you click one of those you only get two pages of “not available”, without any explanations. Is like “documenting” 0 availability.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:14 am

ssbarnea wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:55 am
What “optional” documents are needed to provide and upload for an EU/EEA citizen? — assume permanent residence alteady done, and not married to british citizen.

The categories from UKVCAS are totally undocumented by the official gov.uk “AN” documents. Agreed, very badly designed, it seems to be generic for all types of visa applications that UKVCAS process.I ignored all these categories and uploaded all my documents into the "other" category

There is a category about documents about in/out UK which I suspect they want plane tickets? kinda insane to provide them for 5 years, I got 30 visits outside most of them life weekend breaks, I documented them clear in the form and duration requirements are met without any questions. Still, do I need to print 60 pages or more of email confirmations? I have almost no stamps in the passport, like most EU citizens. Not needed, you answer your own question below

What is the finance section? Should I print bank statements, how many if them? Not needed

On the other hand I remeber that they wrote clearly that for proofing that I lived in UK they do not accept bank statements and utility bills - only letters from employers, edu, and government. I have all P60s with no employment gap for 5 years, also letter from current employer. Do I need extra letters from previous employers or not really? (count take ages for some to provide one). I am not EEA so did not need to provide, maybe others can help.

How many payslips should I attach in addition to P60? is 3 per year enough or should I print all? lucky for me they are all digital so I have them.

Another issue I found was that the UKVCAS seems to accept bookings only for Croydon despite that they list multiple centers like Norwich and Ipswich. When you click one of those you only get two pages of “not available”, without any explanations. Is like “documenting” 0 availability. Agreed. Poor performance from UKVCAS. I had to travel into Croydon. Not happy about that.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:26 am

Payslips are not required - P60 is effectively an annual payslip.
Also only one type of document required, in this case P60 is fine.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.