ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Online Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amele_1988
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Online Application

Post by amele_1988 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied to switch my husband's Tier 4 Student Visa to a Spouse Visa as he originally came to the UK as a student. The application was submitted on 9th January 2019 and biometrics were done at the Croydon centre on 23rd January 2019. We used the standard service and all fees were paid on 9th January 2019. We have not received an acknowledgement letter and wanted guidance on whether the 8 week deadline starts from the 9th January or 23rd?

Each time we log into the application to check, it states we need to download consent forms and attend a biometrics test??? I'm concerned that even though the biometrics have been done and all documents have been provided, the UK Visa application website has not been updated to state everything has been provided. Surely both the sopra steria site and UK visa site should mirror each other.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

nadiman
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: Spouse Visa Online Application

Post by nadiman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi Amele,

I put in my spouse visa extension application on the 6th of Feb 2019 and had my appointment at Croydon on the 11th of Feb 2019. I got a confirmation email when I paid for the online application. The only confirmation I got at the appointment was a verbal one, where the guy doing my biometrics said "are you happy for me to submit your application?". That's it!

I also can still log into the Sopra Streria site and I have the option to upload documents.

Can you please send us an update when you receive a decision? This will be very helpful.

I hope they honour the 8 week processing time as per the date of the online application.

A friend told me someone they know got a decision in 6 weeks. So fingers crossed.

amele_1988
Newly Registered

Post by amele_1988 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:39 am

Hi Nadia,

We still haven't heard back. I called their number and explained that our application has exceeded the 8 week timeframe provided so they took our details and said they will forward it on to the department in HO who deal with our type of applications. She advised that we should hear back in 3-5 working days.

Thanks
Amele

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:42 am

The 8 weeks starts from date of biometrics and not date of online submission of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amele_1988
Newly Registered

Post by amele_1988 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:33 am

Thanks for clarifying that point.

My other issue is the fact that each time we log in to check, it still says we need to book a biometrics appointment and sign consent forms. All of this was done - I understand we don't get updates but it's quite worrying if it doesn't recognise that we've done what they've asked.

nadiman
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by nadiman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi Amele,

I am worried about the exact same thing.

The date of application should be the date of payment for the online form.

See here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

"The date of application for an online application is the date it is submitted using the
online process."

Please do let us know if you have received a decision.

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:15 pm

For info. Although my FLR(M) application was approved weeks ago and BRP card received. If I now log into to government website.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/nextSteps

It still says:

"Further actions you must complete
There are some more actions below that you must complete. Your application may not be successful if you do not complete the mandatory actions.
Mandatory actions
Download and sign the verification checks consent form

And

Download and sign the family declaration form

And
Attend Book Appointment"

nadiman
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by nadiman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi Zeppi,

How long did it take for you to receive your decision?

Did you go for the standard route or the 24 hour service?

Would be very useful to know if they are sticking to their 8 week processing time.

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi, I should have mentioned that I went for super priority 24hours (FLR(M)). Had appointment in morning and decision (by email) later in afternoon. Good Luck!

amele_1988
Newly Registered

Post by amele_1988 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi Guys,

We received a letter of approval today but it’s dated 5 March 2018. We used the standard route too. Thank God this part is over.

Thanks
Amele

nadiman
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by nadiman » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:15 pm

Dear Amele,

Thank you so much for updating us.

So you received a decision 1 day before the 8 week mark from the date of online application (although you received it in the post 2 days after the 8 week mark).

And 5 weeks 6 days from the date of your biometrics appointment (received 6 weeks 2 days in the post).

I hope I get my decision soon as I have booked a flight 1 day before the 8 week mark from my date of online application.

If you don't mind, do update us when you receive your BRP. Also, do check that you received the correct dates & duration on the BRP as they can sometime grant you a shorter period.

amele_1988
Newly Registered

Post by amele_1988 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi Nadiman

Essentially, we received our decision 1 day before the 8 week mark in terms of application submission and 5 weeks 6 days from the date of our biometrics appointment. When I log in, it still says further actions to complete...

I hope you receive yours quickly so you can make your flight - the whole application is already expensive as it is!

There was an attempted delivery of the BRP - the letter was dated 8 March so I suspect they attempted on Saturday 9 March. My husband has to sign for it and provide ID.

Thanks

amele_1988
Newly Registered

Post by amele_1988 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:52 pm

Hi Nadiman,

My husband received his BRP today but missed the delivery on 08/03/19.

The visa website still says it's awaiting further documentation. In fairness to the Home Office, they've just move to this online system but it would be good to have updates which state received, approved etc.

All the best with your application and future plans.

This forum rocks!

Thanks

nadiman
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by nadiman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi Amele,

Thanks so much for the updates. Fingers crossed I hear back soon.