ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEU RC holder travel to Spain with EEU spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LucasLucas
Newly Registered
Poland

Non-EEU RC holder travel to Spain with EEU spouse

Post by LucasLucas » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:42 am

Hi,

I am an EEU national, my Chinese wife has a UK issued RC card. We leave together in the UK.
We want to travel together to Spain, does she need a Schengen visa? If not, what documents we should take, apart from her RC card, in case any issues.

Many thanks,
Lucas

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Non-EEU RC holder travel to Spain with EEU spouse

Post by Caravel88 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:53 pm

Your Chinese wife does need a Schengen visa.
You can apply under the EU directive 2004/38/EC which allows you to get the visa with minimum documentation free of charge since you are an EU citizen who has the right to freely move between states and your family (wife) should be able to do the same by right.

Here is the webpage:
https://uk.blsspainvisa.com/london/eea_eu_type_visa.php

You can also directly contact the embassy by Googling their website and finding their email address and ask for a direct appointment.
LucasLucas wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:42 am
Hi,

I am an EEU national, my Chinese wife has a UK issued RC card. We leave together in the UK.
We want to travel together to Spain, does she need a Schengen visa? If not, what documents we should take, apart from her RC card, in case any issues.

Many thanks,
Lucas