ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wedding in Italy

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lostin
Newly Registered

Wedding in Italy

Post by Lostin » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi

Me and my partner are planning to get marry in Italy or any other country that doesn’t require birth certificate as he doesn’t have one and can’t get it . He is British national and I am Bosnian .
Does anyone have similar experience to share and advice which country will be convenient for us ?

All answers are highly appreciated

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Wedding in Italy

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Lostin wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:04 pm
Hi

Me and my partner are planning to get marry in Italy or any other country that doesn’t require birth certificate as he doesn’t have one and can’t get it . He is British national and I am Bosnian .
Does anyone have similar experience to share and advice which country will be convenient for us ?

All answers are highly appreciated
Never heard about having Birth certificate for marrying if you have the evidence to prove your identity such as passport/National ID card & right of stay such as visa. Even UK don't ask birth certificate.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Lostin
Newly Registered

Post by Lostin » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:13 pm

We called few wedding companies in Denmark, Turkey and Cyprus but unfortunately in all of them birth certificate is required .
We were surprised as well , thinking that passport is enough .

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Are you sure that they were asking for a birth certificate? Perhaps what they were asking for was a certificate of no impediment to a marriage, i.e. a certificate that your partner is not currently in a marriage.

Also, was your British partner born in the UK?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Lostin
Newly Registered

Post by Lostin » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:25 pm

Yes he was born in Uk .
They asked for Certificate of No impediment as well as birth certificate :shock: .

We found on internet that in Italy is not required so wanted to double check if anyone has similar experience or any info .

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:27 pm

Why don't you marry in Bosnia. The limitations on your re-entry to the UK have been explained in your partner disillusioned_brit's thread.

You will only be able to apply for a spouse visa from your home country.

However that aside, assuming your husband was born in the UK a copy of his birth certificate can be ordered online:
https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-dea ... ertificate
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:32 pm

For
Lostin wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:25 pm
Yes he was born in Uk .
For births in England and Wales, you can apply for a replacement/copy birth certificate from the General Registry Office. There are equivalent bodies that offer the same services in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Lostin
Newly Registered

Post by Lostin » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:27 pm
Why don't you marry in Bosnia. The limitations on your re-entry to the UK have been explained in your partner disillusioned_brit's thread.

You will only be able to apply for a spouse visa from your home country.

However that aside, assuming your husband was born in the UK a copy of his birth certificate can be ordered online:
https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-dea ... ertificate
That would have been a lot more convenient but the Bosnian embassy state they need the birth certificate as well!

Some companies say we need his birth certificate in Italy and others say no we don’t, it’s berg confusing.

If anyone knows of any other country where this is not a requirement please let me know.

Lostin
Newly Registered

Post by Lostin » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:53 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:32 pm
For
Lostin wrote:
Yes he was born in Uk .
For births in England and Wales, you can apply for a replacement/copy birth certificate from the General Registry Office. There are equivalent bodies that offer the same services in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Thanks, we know of that but it would take too long and also he would prefer not to use it due to personal issues relating to him and his family.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:22 pm

Lostin wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:53 pm
secret.simon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:32 pm
For
Lostin wrote:
Yes he was born in Uk .
Thanks, we know of that but it would take too long and also he would prefer not to use it due to personal issues relating to him and his family.
I appreciate your partner has his reasons for not obtaining a copy birth certificate, but as to it taking too long:
"If you need the certificate sooner, you can use the priority service for £35. It’ll be sent the next working day if you order by 4pm." :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.