ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent application for spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rsb2019
Newly Registered
India

Dependent Visa Application for Wife

Post by rsb2019 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:33 pm

I'm currently residing in UK with ILR and getting married on 27th Jan 2019. I'm having a couple of questions regarding the dependant visa application for my wife and would be grateful to you if you can help me answer those queries.
  • I've started filling in the form in https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome and wanted to confirm that for visa type I'll have to select "Settlement - Settlement - Wife" for the application?

Is it fine if I confirm the application and book the visa appointment for a date(around 5th Feb) now or I can only do it after our marriage?
It'd be great if you can help me answer the above-mentioned queries.

Regards,

Klarae
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Dependent Visa Application for Wife

Post by Klarae » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:22 pm

Is your soon to be wife currently in the UK and if she is, what is her status ( is she currently on any visa?)

The answer will enable us answer your query effectively.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:26 pm

You can only submit and apply AFTER you are married if applying from abroad.

Note also that the IHS fees are doubling on 8th January.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rsb2019
Newly Registered
India

Post by rsb2019 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:32 pm

Thanks for the reply, she's not in UK. Which means I can only submit and apply after our marriage.

-Ragards

rsb2019
Newly Registered
India

Dependent application for spouse

Post by rsb2019 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:50 am

Hi,

I'm having an ILR and would like to apply for the dependent visa for my wife. I've recently switched my job (and don't have a salary slip for the month of February) and was told that before applying for the dependent visa I should be in the same job for 3 months. Is it correct, as I wasn't able to find any information regarding this in the Home office website?

Also, I'm assuming that I'll need the following documents and would be very helpful if you can verify it.
1. Employment letter
2. Marriage certificate
3. Bank Statement for last 6 months
4. Salary slip for last 6 months.
5. English competency (IELTS certificate from my wife)
6. Tuberculosis check certificate
7. Proof of communication e.g. Chat/call history etc.

Regards,
Raj

Nurul Huda
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: Dependent application for spouse

Post by Nurul Huda » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:37 pm

Dear administrators,
My wife came to UK as a tier 2 PBS dependent visa in January 2016. After that I moved to tier 4 Visa and she moved to tier 4 PBS dependent as well. Now I switch my visa to tier 2. Does she has to apply for tier2 dependent? Her visa is going to expired on 30/1/2021. I am going to apply for ILR on August 2019 under LR base. Does she need to apply for spouse visa after getting my ILR or she can apply for ILR once she will be 5 years in UK. Her 5 years would be in January 2021. Please advise.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:17 pm

Nurul Huda wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:37 pm
Dear administrators,
My wife came to UK as a tier 2 PBS dependent visa in January 2016. After that I moved to tier 4 Visa and she moved to tier 4 PBS dependent as well. Now I switch my visa to tier 2. Does she has to apply for tier2 dependent? Her visa is going to expired on 30/1/2021. I am going to apply for ILR on August 2019 under LR base. Does she need to apply for spouse visa after getting my ILR or she can apply for ILR once she will be 5 years in UK. Her 5 years would be in January 2021. Please advise.
Instead of tagging your question on to another member's post (which is not only unfair but causes confusion), please continue in your own topic where I have already responded.

immigration-for-family-members/ilr-depe ... l#p1750623
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rsb2019
Newly Registered
India

Post by rsb2019 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have any knowledge about my query?

Regards,
Rajeshwar