ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Planning to apply for naturalisation and debt

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ibmfreak
Newly Registered
India

Planning to apply for naturalisation and debt

Post by ibmfreak » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi all,
I have some outstanding debt about 15000 on my credit file. Should I go for a debt management plan and then apply for naturalisation. How would the home office know that I am paying the debt. Some of it is mortgage arrears so even when I pay, it shows missed payment on my credit file. What is the best approach to apply for naturalisation when on debt. Can I apply directly without worrying about my credit file?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Planning to apply for naturalisation and debt

Post by makky86 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:22 pm

ibmfreak wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:15 pm
Hi all,
I have some outstanding debt about 15000 on my credit file. Should I go for a debt management plan and then apply for naturalisation. How would the home office know that I am paying the debt. Some of it is mortgage arrears so even when I pay, it shows missed payment on my credit file. What is the best approach to apply for naturalisation when on debt. Can I apply directly without worrying about my credit file?
You should not worry about it. Everyone has credit to pay specially after paying tons of money on ILR! they don't look at your credit history.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Nerazzuri

Re: Planning to apply for naturalisation and debt

Post by Nerazzuri » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:41 pm

Having £15,000 in personal debt is not a problem in itself. You suggest your mortgage is in arrears. Is a lot of your debt in arrears? Do you have any CCJs?

If you have a CCJ, you MUST pay it off before applying,and you MUST declare it, and an application is unlikely to be successful until a CCJ has been paid in full.