ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stage 1 endorsement (accelerator programme attendees)

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Paulryan2
Newly Registered
Argentina

Accelerator Programme participant

Post by Paulryan2 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:45 am

Hello,
I have recently been offered a place at a UK startup accelerator programme.

1) Do you think this can substantially boost the odds of being endorsed?

I also have plans to live and work outside of Greater London. I believe i can prove this by showing that most of other startups in my industryare based in the countryside, as well as our potential clients and partners.

In my case, the endorsement would be made by Tech Nation.

2) I'm unsure whether fast track applicants must apply through the Exceptional Talent (and not Exceptional Promise) route. I'd suit the latter.

Paulryan2
Newly Registered
Argentina

Re: Accelerator Programme participant

Post by Paulryan2 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:36 pm

As stated in the policy guidance [1]:
If you are applying as a fast track applicant, you must meet the relevant Exceptional Talent key and
qualifying criteria outlined to be endorsed. Whether your application is eligible to be fast tracked will
be at the discretion of Tech Nation. Applications which are not accepted under a fast track option
will still be considered, but will not be expedited.
It is unclear to me whether Exception Talent refers to the Exceptional Talent route specifically, or either the Exceptional Talent or Exceptional Promise routes.

What do you think?

[1]: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1_2019.pdf

Paulryan2
Newly Registered
Argentina

Stage 1 endorsement (accelerator programme attendees)

Post by Paulryan2 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:12 am

Hello,

Do you think being offered a place at a startup accelerator helps the case for endorsement by Tech Nation?

From the rules, I can see it counts only as Fast Track option.

I mean: my main purpose in the UK would be to start a business rather than ''stealing'' the job of UK workers.

WRWR
Russia

Re: Stage 1 endorsement (accelerator programme attendees)

Post by WRWR » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:03 am

In my opinion, any proof or recognition in the UK helps a lot, including startup accelerator.

As far as I know, both Exceptional Talent and Exceptional Promise applications can be fast tracked. Even if your application is not eligible for fast track, it won't be rejected automatically. It will be considered according to normal timeline.

Please check guide on Tech Nation website. It provides more details than HO guide.