ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

employment information not complete

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:50 am

hi all,

i will be applying for the naturalisation soon.

i do not exactly remember all the employment i have had in the last 10 years.

i got my ilr through long residency route, (Student and PSW only)

i know i can request a SAR from HMRC but what happens if i do not include the full 10 year employment information? do they refuse the application on the basis of this?

thanks in advance.

mtsgill
Mood:

Re: employment information not complete

Post by mtsgill » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:57 am

Hello, I believe one of the moderator will be able to answer your question correctly.

My thoughts are as follows:

(1) How are you going to answer this question on the form - did you have any previous employment? If you know you did and selecting no, that’s providing false information, in my opinion.

(2) If you don’t declare any employment especially years when you were subject to immigration restrictions (employment wise) such as student years and you worked over permitted limit then it definitely can be seen as deception?

Again, more experienced members and moderators would be able to shed more light on this.

Konsog

Post by Konsog » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:01 pm

I agree, for the sake of completeness, you should just request the info from HMRC. I'd presume that the Home Office have access to that kind of information anyway, and if they see clear discrepancies, it may raise some questions, especially if, as the previous user said, you were also subject to immigration restrictions in the past.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:13 pm

thank you both for your inputs.

i have most of the information but some of the information is missing.

i will answer Yes to the question and include the information i have. just thinking that if i do not request SAR and do not include complete information, will that cause trouble?

think of a person who was under immigration control but had been working cash in hand, offcourse they will not include this information and it will not be on record so by not disclosing this information they are deceiving but they can get away with it because its not on the record.

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:24 pm

i know few ppl who got bc last year and thay was working all life cash in hand and never mentaion to ho and all thay said on from not working att all and tahy got aprooval in 2 months

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:28 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:24 pm
i know few ppl who got bc last year and thay was working all life cash in hand and never mentaion to ho and all thay said on from not working att all and tahy got aprooval in 2 months
:lol: :lol: that is what i am saying.

so for example if i have worked for 4 employers on the payroll but i only remember 2 of them and i write both of them, will it be a problem if i miss out 2?

offcourse HO can get that data from HMRC if they need.

Lucky people who get their decisions in 6-8 weeks.

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:33 pm

aaliya1986 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:28 pm
Dave12560 wrote:

so for example if i have worked for 4 employers on the payroll but i only remember 2 of them and i write both of them, will it be a problem if i miss out 2?

user malik in past last year had no saty for 12 year and was working then he applied ilr and straigt aftr bc and he got aprooved

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:44 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:33 pm
aaliya1986 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:28 pm
Dave12560 wrote:

user malik in past last year had no saty for 12 year and was working then he applied ilr and straigt aftr bc and he got aprooved
:lol: :lol: unbelievable!

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:45 pm

all he had is one pending application for visit extentaion and based on that home office took 12 year decid and he got it

AnotherUUID

Post by AnotherUUID » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:47 pm

@aaliya1986,

You can also access your HMRC tax record online here. Make sure you select "Personal Tax Account". If you have not previously registered for the service, the registration is a very simple process and requires your full name, date of birth, and NI number. Since you do not have a British passport yet, the registration form will guide you in confirming your identity against HO approved credit reference agencies, which normally includes answering some simple questions the likes of when you started living at your current address. It takes less than 5 minutes.

If you're worried about footprint on your credit report, such identity checks do not leave a hard footprint, only a soft search record and, as such, these are not visible to prospective lenders.

The online service won't show you your full employment history as if you were to make an employment history request to HMRC but it does give you a breakdown of your wage payouts on a tax-year basis, as well as your national insurance record. The breakdown includes employer names, as recorded by HMRC, and amount received from said employer for each tax year.

While it will not show you the exact start/end dates of employment, it might be helpful to nudge your memory to remember.

Hope this helps.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:41 pm

AnotherUUID wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:47 pm
@aaliya1986,

You can also access your HMRC tax record online here. Make sure you select "Personal Tax Account". If you have not previously registered for the service, the registration is a very simple process and requires your full name, date of birth, and NI number. Since you do not have a British passport yet, the registration form will guide you in confirming your identity against HO approved credit reference agencies, which normally includes answering some simple questions the likes of when you started living at your current address. It takes less than 5 minutes.

If you're worried about footprint on your credit report, such identity checks do not leave a hard footprint, only a soft search record and, as such, these are not visible to prospective lenders.

The online service won't show you your full employment history as if you were to make an employment history request to HMRC but it does give you a breakdown of your wage payouts on a tax-year basis, as well as your national insurance record. The breakdown includes employer names, as recorded by HMRC, and amount received from said employer for each tax year.

While it will not show you the exact start/end dates of employment, it might be helpful to nudge your memory to remember.

Hope this helps.
really informative. many thanks.

i will try and do this and see what information HMRC has. i also called HMRC for SAR and it can be done online and takes 10 days.

AnotherUUID

Post by AnotherUUID » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:49 pm

aaliya1986 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:41 pm
really informative. many thanks.

i will try and do this and see what information HMRC has. i also called HMRC for SAR and it can be done online and takes 10 days.
No problem. I too asked for my employment history from HMRC but a month later I'm still waiting... Their service standard is about 20 working days despite what they say, but due to the recent holiday period I wouldn't be surprised if they have a longer backlog of requests to catch up on.

Another side benefit of the online service is that you can also track the progress of other applications (e.g. SAR) that you've made to HMRC which includes ETA date for their response. Amazingly, this also includes paper applications made by post, which they will register against your record upon receipt. For example, mine is listed as currently being looked at and the ETA for a response is a few days from now.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

referees

Post by aaliya1986 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:37 pm

hi all,

next week i shall be applying for naturalisation. one of the most important things which always got me worried was referees because i did not know many people and i was unsure who should i get to act as a referee. anyhow, i have 3 people in mind, please confirm if they are fine.

1. british citizen, work at the same office, not a manager but a friend
2. british citizen, work at the same office, head of operations, not a director
3. british citizen, work at the same office, ceo / director (not sure if i will be able to get it)

will it be okay if 1 and 2 sign the form?

thanks in advance for the help :)

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Re: referees

Post by aaliya1986 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:56 pm

any reply for the above?