ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting contracting just before Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ItsRainingAgain
Pakistan

Starting contracting just before Naturalization

Post by ItsRainingAgain » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:08 am

I have ILR through Tier 2 General and non eu citizen.

I have been in UK for 10 years. I will leave my permanent job this week and will start contracting as a ltd company director in few week ls.

Now I also need to apply for naturalization in 2 months. I already filled in application and in required document it says that,

most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment

Where I will get this from, I thought contractors do tax return at end of year, not start ?

Many many many thanks

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: Starting contracting just before Naturalization

Post by R-graphite » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:24 am

Hi,
Just write a cover letter explaining that you only started , you may also try to register with HMRC for self-assesment and provide a proof of this registration, you can also provide your company’s registration certificate and any document from company house to prove thst you just started and you’re not expected to have a return yet (obviously all my suggestions are optional but that’s what I would’ve done if I were in your shoes)

Good luck!
ItsRainingAgain wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:08 am
I have ILR through Tier 2 General and non eu citizen.

I have been in UK for 10 years. I will leave my permanent job this week and will start contracting as a ltd company director in few week ls.

Now I also need to apply for naturalization in 2 months. I already filled in application and in required document it says that,

most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment

Where I will get this from, I thought contractors do tax return at end of year, not start ?

Many many many thanks
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

ItsRainingAgain
Pakistan

Post by ItsRainingAgain » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:46 am

Thank you so much for replying !

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:27 am

Employment or its proof isn't a requirement for Naturalization application. So why are you so concerned about it?
ItsRainingAgain wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:46 am

ItsRainingAgain
Pakistan

Post by ItsRainingAgain » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:15 am

apsk wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:27 am
Employment or its proof isn't a requirement for Naturalization application. So why are you so concerned about it?
ItsRainingAgain wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:46 am
It asks for sending documents