ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visiting from India while my ILR application is in process

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

softwareluv
India

Family visiting from India while my ILR application is in process

Post by softwareluv » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:36 pm

Hi there,
My ILR application is in progress but I want to invite my In laws to visit us here.

Is it ok for them to apply for visitor visa and me giving them sponsorship letter or its not allowed as my current visa has now expired and application is not approved and they have to wait until i get my application approved?

Raj

zimba
Mood:

Re: Family visiting from India while my ILR application is in process

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:48 pm

I do not understand why many people repeat this but there is no such a thing as sponsorship under the UK immigration rules for standard visit visa. You cannot sponsor your parents as visitors to the UK. Your parents are expected to satisfy the visa officers on their own when applying for a visit visa. They can claim that they are going to visit family (you) and it would be great for them to have some proof of your residence but not to totally undoable without it.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice