ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA PAKISTAN PROCESS - PLEASE HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AN3010
Newly Registered

SPOUSE VISA PAKISTAN PROCESS - PLEASE HELP

Post by AN3010 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:41 pm

Hi, I will be applying in 2 weeks time for my husband to join me from Pakistan. I am new to this forum and have been reading through other related topics to get a clear idea of the process, however after hours and hours of browsing I am now so confused! :cry:

I thought that after submitting the online form and the biometrics appointment, the form and evidence needs to be sent to Sheffield - I thought that I could send this from the UK. But some topics say that the applicant submits the bundle at the biometrics appointment where it is scanned to Sheffield...?

I would be very very grateful if somebody explained the correct and up-to-date procedure.

Thank you in advance!

Rockinglove
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: SPOUSE VISA PAKISTAN PROCESS - PLEASE HELP

Post by Rockinglove » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:51 am

Hi I did my application in January 2019 @lahore so all I take to the vFs center is appointment letter , applicant biographic details page & passport . Rest my wife sent the documents Sheffield via Royal Mail .
I’m sure end of ur online application u will get the information how you suppose to submit those documents either vFs or by post so don’t worry .

AN3010
Newly Registered

Post by AN3010 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:25 am

I'm back at the same dilemma as to where to send the supporting documents.
I can see that people have asked this question before but I'm still not understanding the correct answer.

The email that I have received states that:

You must now take your printed application, appointment confirmation, supporting documents and the appropriate fee (unless already paid online) to the address shown below on the date and time of your appointment.

VFS Mirpur Visa Application Centre
Nau Mahal Plaza
Near Foot Ball Square
Defense Road
Mirpur

It then goes on to say:

If you are in the United States of America, you must send these documents to the visa issuing office as detailed in the information provided at the Application Support Centre and on your Appointment Confirmation email/letter. No personal callers will be admitted to the visa office location and your application will not be accepted at any other location. Failure to submit the required documents will result in a delay and/or lead to the refusal of your application.

Non-settlement, EEA and Returning Resident Applications - UK Visas and Immigration, British Consulate General, 845 Third Avenue, New York, 10022

Settlement (Family Migration) Applications - International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU

Please can someone explain if I need to send the supporting documents to Sheffield as it is a 'SETTLEMENT' application, OR if I need to send the documents to my husband in Pakistan to submit at his appointment OR if we need to do both

Thank you again in advance!

AN3010
Newly Registered

Post by AN3010 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:53 am

I submitted the application for online on 2nd April and the biometrics appointment was 11th April. I scanned the supporting documents at the VFS on 12th April.

I’ve just realised that my recent payslip is dated 4th April even though I received it on the 2nd April - all of my payslips are dated the 4th of every month even though I receive them earlier. This is after the date of the application - will this be a problem and if so how can I rectify it?

Also, my bank statement is stamped with the date 5th April as I had to request the bank to print it off because my original statement would arrive later on in the month. The statement shows that my wage arrived into my account on the 2nd April but the date of the statement is 3 days after the date of the application. Again, will this be a problem?

AN3010
Newly Registered

Post by AN3010 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:21 am

just to add - the PAY PERIOD on my payslip says MARCH but the PAY DATE says 4TH APRIL. Even though the pay date is 2 days after the online application, will the pay period be looked at instead?

I am so worried!

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:30 am

AN3010 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:41 pm
Hi, I will be applying in 2 weeks time for my husband to join me from Pakistan. I am new to this forum and have been reading through other related topics to get a clear idea of the process, however after hours and hours of browsing I am now so confused! :cry:

I thought that after submitting the online form and the biometrics appointment, the form and evidence needs to be sent to Sheffield - I thought that I could send this from the UK. But some topics say that the applicant submits the bundle at the biometrics appointment where it is scanned to Sheffield...?

I would be very very grateful if somebody explained the correct and up-to-date procedure.

Thank you in advance!
Hello,

The process is you do the online application, book the appointment and pay the two fees (application and IHS fees) online. Print out your application as well as the receipts for the two payments.

You will need to send off all your documents as well as the above to the Sheffield Office in UK.

In Pakistan, your spouse will need to print out the online application, appointment letter as well as the IHS fee payment confirmation slip (I think it mentions Rs 302,000) and take it to the Mirpur Office along with their passport.

I hope this helps.
Thanks

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:33 am

AN3010 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:21 am
just to add - the PAY PERIOD on my payslip says MARCH but the PAY DATE says 4TH APRIL. Even though the pay date is 2 days after the online application, will the pay period be looked at instead?

I am so worried!
Not to worry.
Wage slips need to be within one of the application online application.

AN3010
Newly Registered

Post by AN3010 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:54 am

Thank you for your response.

I just want to clarify:

Is it ok that my most recent pay slip has a pay date of 4th April on it even though it arrived into my bank account on 2nd April. This payslip says that it is for the pay period of March. I made the online application on 2nd April.

All 6 of my payslips have a pay date of the 4th of the month, but I always receive the payslip earlier and the money arrives into my account earlier.

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:49 am

AN3010 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:54 am
Thank you for your response.

I just want to clarify:

Is it ok that my most recent pay slip has a pay date of 4th April on it even though it arrived into my bank account on 2nd April. This payslip says that it is for the pay period of March. I made the online application on 2nd April.

All 6 of my payslips have a pay date of the 4th of the month, but I always receive the payslip earlier and the money arrives into my account earlier.
Pay slips need to be dated within 30 days of your online application.
Wages going into your bank account need to be dated 30 days of your online application.

Wages sometimes are paid a day or two early due to weekend / bank holidays. As long as the pay slips represent the wages going into your bank account, you should be fine.

You're looking into this too much and worrying yourself over for no reason.

Read Some Nawafil and do plenty of Duas.

Wishing you all the best.

AN3010
Newly Registered

Post by AN3010 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:00 pm

Thank you.

The reason I am sick with worry is because I understand that the financial evidence must be 28 days prior to the date of application (2nd April), but my payslip is dated after the date of application even though my bank statement shows that I was paid on 2nd April.

I suppose all I can do is wait and see :(

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:45 pm

AN3010 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:00 pm
Thank you.

The reason I am sick with worry is because I understand that the financial evidence must be 28 days prior to the date of application (2nd April), but my payslip is dated after the date of application even though my bank statement shows that I was paid on 2nd April.

I suppose all I can do is wait and see :(
Maybe caseworker wont even notice that and a lot members have shared their experiences of having no issue in that situation. But ideally you should have applied when you got the latest payslip.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.