ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP For my brother

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrbasmeir
Newly Registered
Mood:
Norway

EEA FP For my brother

Post by mrbasmeir » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I´m a norwegian citizen, originally from Yemen but was born and raised up in Kuwait. Now I´m living and working in the UK. I have successfully brought my wife (Yemeni passport holder) on EEA FP as I´m a qualified person, and have all the required documents for the EEA FP.

My younger borther is 33 years old, and he was born and raised up in Kuwait. Due to the Kuwaiti difficult residence permit he was ought to leave Kuwait even though my parents live there. So he traveled To Yemen. The war started and the catastrophe began with my brother. He suffered too much out there and his health went so bad.

He came to Kuwait on a visit visa, which was very difficult to obtain. I took him to a consultant psychiatrist and he was diagnosed with a schizophrenia disorder of 3-4 years duration which increased in intensity recently and caused him distress and impairment in his functions (I have a medical report).

The doctor strictly recommended us to take care of him as he needs constant supervision. But the problem is that he entered Kuwait with a visa which was valid only for one month and now he should leave Kuwait and travel back to Yemen. This will destroy him.

Therefore, I want him to apply for an EEA FP, but I don´t have any evidence of that he is dependent on me. Based on my story, Can anyone help me?

Sorry for the long story, and thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Basmeir

kamoe

Re: EEA FP For my brother

Post by kamoe » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:32 pm

mrbasmeir wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:13 pm
The doctor strictly recommended us to take care of him as he needs constant supervision.
I want him to apply for an EEA FP, but I don´t have any evidence of that he is dependent on me. Based on my story, Can anyone help me?
He can apply as your extended family member, even if he's not dependent on you, based on his serious health condition: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eligibility
Qualifying as an extended family member or unmarried partner
You can apply as an ‘extended’ family member’, for example a brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, nephew or niece.

You must be able to show that you’re dependent on the EEA citizen or are a member of their household, or have a serious health condition and rely on them to care for you.
Good luck.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.