ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Approved (Incorrect Job Title on the approval letter)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tiertwoguy
Newly Registered

Visa Approved (Incorrect Job Title on the approval letter)

Post by tiertwoguy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:42 am

Hello Moderators,

My Tier 2 General (Extension) visa just got approved but the job title mentioned in the approval letter I received from HO via post is incorrect (The correct Job Title was mentioned in the CoS provided to me by my company).

CoS Job Title: IP XXXX Shift Team Leader
HO Approval Letter: IT XXXX Shift Engineer

Just to give you a brief summary: I was employed by this company 3 years ago as an "IP XXXX Shift Engineer". In a year's time, I got promoted to "IP XXXX Shift Team Leader". Whilst I was promoted, I checked with the company whether I need to make another visa application or is the new job role under the same SOC code. They confirmed that it is under the same SOC code and hence I can continue under the same BRP. They ensured that they have contacted HO and updated the SMS system with this new job title/new salary. I've received a confirmation email from my company regarding they updating SMS system with the new details after speaking with HO.

I will be eligible for my ILR in 3 and a half months from now so just want to check how shall I proceed with this error on the letter issue?
1) Shall I check with my company first?
2) Shall I directly contact HO?
3) Could there be a possibility that Home Office has made a typo in the letter?

Any input would be helpful please.

Regards.