ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born in UK, but father not from UK. HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

davidlm
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Baby born in UK, but father not from UK. HELP

Post by davidlm » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:06 am

Hi,

I've searched post but its mixed information. So i decided to write one to clarify my position. Your help will be very appreciated.

I am from Mauritius and my girlfriend is a British Citizen. I am currently in Mauritius and she is in UK-planning to come over soon. We are considering a Civil Wedding here in Mauritius for the time being.

She will spend couple of weeks in Mauritius and she will fly back to UK so she can get followed by her mid-wife until she gives birth.

I will fly to UK before my baby is born. Citizens of Mauritius doesn't need a visa for UK , they are allowed 6 months.

So i will fly before my baby is born, but it will be on the 6 months free visa scheme.
My question is - what should i do to stay in the UK indefinitely or maybe given a visa , so that i can stay there, be eligible for work and support my girlfriend and child?

Does doing a Civil Wedding here in Mauritius changes anything?
What if we don't marry and my child is born in the UK and i want to stay there in order to work and support them?

Please Help.

vinny

Re: Baby born in UK, but father not from UK. HELP

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:48 am

No. Visitors cannot switch to partner/spouse status within the UK. You should apply for a spouse entry clearance from Mauritius after marriage.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.