ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1E - too good to be true?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sn0white
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

T1E - too good to be true?

Post by Sn0white » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi guys, really looking forward for your advice here. I found myself in a situation when I urgently require to switch from my current visa to another type of visa (my personal circumstances changed). I came across this lawyer who advertises T1E and claims the following: they will prepare all the docs and find a suitable business idea (fintech), write a business plan and prepare you. They will also provide evidence from their partners sort of guaranteeing £200k (on paper only obviously), so that the applicant can apply even if he/she doesn't have the required funds. And on top of that he says it's possible to work as a contractor on this visa. This looks too good to be true to me. Do you think there's a chance this could be feasible or is this a complete scam? PS I'm aware that the route will be closing in 2 weeks... :?:

marcnath

Re: T1E - too good to be true?

Post by marcnath » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:53 pm

Sn0white wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm
Hi guys, really looking forward for your advice here. I found myself in a situation when I urgently require to switch from my current visa to another type of visa (my personal circumstances changed). I came across this lawyer who advertises T1E and claims the following: they will prepare all the docs and find a suitable business idea (fintech), write a business plan and prepare you. They will also provide evidence from their partners sort of guaranteeing £200k (on paper only obviously), so that the applicant can apply even if he/she doesn't have the required funds. And on top of that he says it's possible to work as a contractor on this visa. This looks too good to be true to me. Do you think there's a chance this could be feasible or is this a complete scam? PS I'm aware that the route will be closing in 2 weeks... :?:
I definitely seems like a scam. You definitely can't work as a contractor.
You are also clearly committing fraud if you submit an application on this basis, which can result in an almost permanent ban from entering UK in the future.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:17 pm

Please never ever pay or use such lawyers who openly advertise fraud as their services :!:
Remember you will be solely responsible for making any fraudulent claim on an immigration application.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:30 am

Out of interest what kind of fees were they quoting

Sn0white
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Sn0white » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:53 am

£10k+ for all of the above

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:34 am

Oly £ 10K for arranging 200k and granting visa he is a small time fraudster ...)) I THINK he could have easily asked 25 K - 30 K for it..))

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:05 am

Maybe it is more of a competitive market in the fraud world, hard times and all that.... more like - fee up front and zero thereafter....

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:17 pm

businessmen aces wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:34 am
Oly £ 10K for arranging 200k and granting visa he is a small time fraudster ...)) I THINK he could have easily asked 25 K - 30 K for it..))
They dont physically arrange the funds. Its a scam market, where they arrange bank statements for the required money (not sure if they are genuine or not) which are then used for visa etc.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.